Thread: Clean this S.O.B. up!!!!

Clean this S.O.B. up!!!!

Having read the topic, "Clean that SOB up", I have been using the wisk solution to clean the filmy, light mud up, but Wayne National Forest mud kicked the snot out of the wisk solution and sent it looking for its mom. This is some nasty crap. I use a pressure washer on the plastic and wheels and a hose and a brush on the other parts. Check out this muddy mess from Saturday's ride at Wayne. Oh yeah, I was trying to avoid the mud the best I can!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2001 400ex, Pro Circuit T-4, AC Racing Pro Pegs, Renthal Bars, Trail tech speedo w/ billet mount, Pro Armor Skid plates

2003 Harley Davidson Fatboy - the perfect fusion of chrome and leather!!!

Magnum Photos

Another view
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2001 400ex, Pro Circuit T-4, AC Racing Pro Pegs, Renthal Bars, Trail tech speedo w/ billet mount, Pro Armor Skid plates

Magnum Photos

Not bad! Try using simple green, you will be amazed at how much less of it you need to use vs. wisk, and how much faster it works! I had mud on mine in big chunks about 1/2" thick, and it just sprayed off!
    -Jeff

"yeah! i know what you mean...i was what 5 and a half maybe it was Japan right before 3 times and I was still excited but thats ok it didnt hurt so we just spent the night later i'll finish the lawn dude" -JabberJaw

Thats bad. but i have seen worse!

That is one filthy izass quad! I like the way you said you were trying to avoid the mud too! lo freakin l. I have had similar days on my previously owned 300ex but never my 400. Good luck getting that shizit off with whatever you try (sandblaster?)!
    1. Honda 2001 400EX - Yellow
    Pro Circuit headers and T4 silencer, Dynojet kit (170 main), stock air filter, top cut out of airbox lid with panty hose streched over top,
    Renthal bars (atv race bend - silver/carbon), Renthal soft 1/2 waffle grips.

2. Honda 02 Odyssey EX-L, somekinda grayish green - wife
    3. Honda 2k Civic EX, red - me

prevoiusly owned bikes:
    2001 300EX (remains in the family)
    2001 CR125
    2001 CR250
    1988 KX250 (in 1992)

- DAYUMMMM !!

- DUDE---

THAT MUST HAVE BEEN ONE BIGG *** BIRD

PTERADACTYL ****-
    W1DE5PREADPANIC@AOL.COM

TAKE IT FROM A PRO
    ......JUST SAY NO......

Don't know what you people are doin bout the whisk, but its the best thing I have used. Just fill a bottle 1/4 full or little less to save some solution and fill it with water. Spray away and within minutes after sprayin it you can wash it off. If you are completly covered like 400EXMAGNUM, then just spray as much mud off with the hose and then hit it with wisk... Oh well I think the wisk works great.
    - #48 2004 BLUE YFZ 450 -
    One Industries - AC nerfs - Ac Full Skid - AC Bumper - Pro Design Kill Switch - Shockpro shockcovers - PEP Chain relocator - Bullet Parking block off - Motion Pro Twist Throtle - Cam Mod -

Jetting 170 main - 48 pilot - stock needle 5th clip - fuel screw 2 and 3/4 turns - runs awesome

I got it most of the way cleaned up with a pressure washer (avoiding the seals and chain). If I was going to finish the job, I would spray it down with wisk or simple green and hose it down again. As it is, I am going back down this Saturday to hook up with SLB, Jenny's 400ex, and Buckeye400ex and ride again. It is supposed to rain this week, so the trails are not going to dry out much. I will clean it up after that ride. Getting time to put it up for the winter

Magnum Photos

If there are mud puddles just fly threw them it cleans off your quad.. and you!

dammmmn man that is sick...thats bad, i want to see some pics of it when its shining, lol good luck with cleaning that