Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Quick Modification

Thumbs up Quick Modification

I love this Honda TRX 250EX! It really kiks-*** on the snow-packed streets and loves to hit the groomed trails here in West Yellowstone. I removed the spark arrestor and installed a K&N Permanent Air Filter. Big increase in aceleration and top speed of about 58MPH.

Re: Quick Modification

Originally posted by PYROMATE
    and top speed of about 58MPH.
    No.
    ~Mike~
    2000 Honda 416EX

Red face

yea no
    Brad Harrell #927
    www.oxcracing.com

08 yz250f

sorry nope
    2006 250ex
    -FMF Megamax pipe
    -ITP Holeshot GNCC's
    -Motorsport Aluminum XC bumper

LOOKING FOR A 250R....
    ....but im broke

whats on the seat ?

I do like the new style of the 250ex (like the 450r)
    the mod prob. made it sound louder and give you the feeling
    your flying but the 250ex isnt a rocket.

they are a ton of fun though and prob. the easiest thing in the
    world to ride.

alot faster than the ltz250 thats for sure.

no flame but is that a mullet ?

nice atv.
    2006 trx450r
    2006 yfz450
    2008 400ex
    1999 400ex
    2008 250ex
    2011 rzr S

Question 58 Mph

I will check the top end speed again when we "loose the streets", as the snowmobilers say. Probably sometime in late April we will have dry pavement again. I will have a different test vechicle next to me. Not sure how acurate the last test was....my buddies snowmobile has a factory spedo, but he added a long track... and he was..."unfit" for the test. Also....it is inaccurate and a bit scary...for several reasons to do a top end test on snow packed streets with 1000cc sleds everywhere...and our town sherrif just waiting pinch me. So for now...I retract my statement.
    I have a an Isuzu Trooper older than 1987..you guys are making feel like and old man....oh well....I thought a mullet was a fish!! The black thing on the seat is a bag to..... carry.....things. God...I am getting old!
    Sounds like you pro guys really know your $#*!. I was wondering if these quads come jetted for sea level? I am above 7000 feet here. Better get a jet kit and get started on that. The plug looks ok...I am running a next hotter plug than factory cuz it gets so damn cold here..sumtimes minus 40*. Does replacing the factory filter and removing the spark arrestor change anything on the mixture? I do need to get with the program and get this carb tweeked. For now I will leave it stock.
    I am in the fireworks business...and....I have these really intence fireworks display rocket motors.....I was thinking....

This is so.. way...off topic but had to show you guys my newest new toy....In Montana we like our explosives and our guns.

Re: 58 Mph

Originally posted by PYROMATE
    [B]I will check the top end speed again when we "loose the streets", as the snowmobilers say. Probably sometime in late April we will have dry pavement again. I will have a different test vechicle next to me. Not sure how acurate the last test was....my buddies snowmobile has a factory spedo, but he added a long track... and he was..."unfit" for the test. Also....it is inaccurate and a bit scary...for several reasons to do a top end test on snow packed streets with 1000cc sleds everywhere...and our town sherrif just waiting pinch me. So for now...I retract my statement.
    I have a an Isuzu Trooper older than 1987..you guys are making feel like and old man....oh well....I thought a mullet was a fish!! The black thing on the seat is a bag to..... carry.....things. God...I am getting old!
    Sounds like you pro guys really know your $#*!. I was wondering if these quads come jetted for sea level? I am above 7000 feet here. Better get a jet kit and get started on that. The plug looks ok...I am running a next hotter plug than factory cuz it gets so damn cold here..sumtimes minus 40*. Does replacing the factory filter and removing the spark arrestor change anything on the mixture? I do need to get with the program and get this carb tweeked. For now I will leave it stock.
    the quad should come jetted "in the ballpark" for the region it was sold in. however, at 7000 ft i would check the plug since it never lies. for cold weather you're gonna want it a little richer than normal, so maybe its fine with your elevation. also, a rule of thumb for the K&N is to go one size up on your main jet. taking the spark arrestor out can actually take away a little bit of low end btw..
    ~Mike~
    2000 Honda 416EX

whats the gun shoot?
    2005 250ex
    DG- A arm guards
    Skid plate
    Sparks X-4 full system exhaust!
    K&N Jet Kit
    K&N air filter and outer wears
    SOLD!
    ------------------------------------------------
    2003 400ex.
    graydon nerfs
    skid plate
    A-arm guards
    Pro Armor XC Bumper
    Black HMF slip on
    Dyno Jet Kit
    K&N air filter
    Outterwears pre charger

Originally posted by 250exkid
    whats the gun shoot?
    looks like a spinn-off of an ar15 w/ folding stock..am i correct??
    2006 250ex
    -FMF Megamax pipe
    -ITP Holeshot GNCC's
    -Motorsport Aluminum XC bumper

LOOKING FOR A 250R....
    ....but im broke

yea it does but its awfull small for the ar-15 but yea i thought he said it has a corrilation with fireworks?? i took an old paintball gun sold barrle everything on it and had the hadle and stuff to the point were you can still put a barrle on it. so yea i mounted a little PVC barrle to it and in paint ball fights i shoot the little morters through it pryo man might no them as the mightymidgets.! lol yea my 2 bros work for 5* ( 5 star) fireworks
    2005 250ex
    DG- A arm guards
    Skid plate
    Sparks X-4 full system exhaust!
    K&N Jet Kit
    K&N air filter and outer wears
    SOLD!
    ------------------------------------------------
    2003 400ex.
    graydon nerfs
    skid plate
    A-arm guards