Thread: Atlantic Grand Prix News.

Atlantic Grand Prix News.

There's a lot of stuff going on right now with the Atlantic Grand Prix series and itÕs all really good stuff.

The first two February dates are being pushed back to March because the property is not ready...IÕll go into that at a later date.

The series will start in March and we are finalizing the schedule now.

We have all the locations locked down...just that the first 2 events arenÕt ready at this time.

There will also be a very interesting announcement being made about the direction of the series and who we are partnering with...IÕm sure itÕs going to really take a lot of people by surprise.

Again itÕs good NEWS and itÕs all good for the sport.

For the latest info on the Atlantic Grand Prix Series go to http://www.atlanticgrandprix.com

Dale
    Best Cross Country series in the North Eastern United States:
    http://www.atlanticgrandprix.com
    New Jersey Off-Highway Vehicle Association (NJOHVA):
    http://www.njohva.org

Sounds good to me. We cant wait. Thanks Dale

Atlantic Grand Prix 2007 Series

Below is the revised 2007 schedule our apologies for Atlantic Grand Prix series. Note that the final locations will be announced shortly.

The BIG NEWS for 2007 is that two of our events are co-sanctioned with
    GNCC RACING and Racer Productions.

Come back shortly and well have directions posted to each of the locations

NOTE: Bikes B run on Saturday and Quads Q run on Sunday with the exception of the two GNCC dates. See Series below on what days they run.

Date Series Event and Location

February 24th Round 1 B L.E.H. Grand Prix 1, L.E.H. NJ

February 25th Round 1 Q L.E.H. Grand Prix 1, L.E.H. NJ

March 10th Round 2 B L.E.H. Grand Prix 2, L.E.H. NJ
    March 11th Round 2 Q L.E.H. Grand Prix 2, L.E.H. NJ

March 24th Round 3 B Evansville Grand Prix 3, Berwick PA
    March 24th Round 3 Q Evansville Grand Prix 3, Berwick PA

April 21 Round 4 B L.E.H. Grand Prix 4, L.E.H. NJ
    April 22 Round 4 Q L.E.H. Grand Prix 4, L.E.H. NJ

June 2nd Round 5 B AGP Grand Prix 5, Green NY
    June 3rd Round 5 Q AGP Grand Prix 5, Green NY

June 9nd Round 6 B Evansville Grand Prix 6, Berwick PA
    June 10rd Round 6 Q Evansville Grand Prix 6, Berwick PA

Sept. 1st
    Round 7 Q MOUNTAIN RIDGE GNCC / AGP 7 , Somerset PA
    Sept. 2nd Round 7 B MOUNTAIN RIDGE GNCC / AGP 7 , Somerset PA

Sept. 15th Round 8 Q UNADILLA GNCC / AGP 8 , New Berlin NY
    Sept. 16th Round 8 B UNADILLA GNCC / AGP 8 , New Berlin NY

October 6th Round 9 B Logan Farm Grand Prix 9, Cortland NY
    October 7th Round 9 Q Logan Farm Grand Prix 9, Cortland NY

October 20th Round 10 B L.E.H. Grand Prix 10 , L.E.H. NJ
    October21st
    Round 10 Q L.E.H. Grand Prix 10 , L.E.H. NJ
    http://www.sponsorhouse.com/members/Racer101nj

Any directions yet? Checked the site didnt see anything , just curious if there is some where else to look.
    put it this way....im too fast for you

05 450r - Athena 480 kit with stage 3 cam.
    Two brother full exhaust
    Dominator Axle
    Ac Nerfs
    Tag t2 bars
    Jrd +2 LT A-arms
    PeP LT Suspension with big bottles!
    The rear setup will be coming soon hopefully!!
    \
    08 450r White/kickstart.
    XC setup very soon!
    07 Sponsers
    O'neal/Azonic Riding Apparel
    4 SkinZ Custom Seats
    CardioStack
    BK Performance
    GT Thunder
    Deptford Honda/yamaha

I heard the first race was canceled in L.E.H. on Feb. 24-25.

Pass the word, that the event scheduled for February 24 and 25 is being postponed once again...the first race will be the weekend March 10th and 11th with this one being rescheduled. into an open weekend in the AGP schedule

The reason being is that the township has not issued us a permit for the LEH location and wonÕt have one issued until the first week of March.

I don't want to go into the details right now, but believe it or not it's good. Just a little confussing.

We do have the support from the fire company and the event raises revenue for them so my understanding is that the township will approve the permit at the next meeting, but again that is after the event we had scheduled for this coning weekend.

If anyone wants to know the details call me and I can explain.

Again sorry for the delay, but this is part of the process of putting on events in New Jersey.

Dale

DAMNIT!
    put it this way....im too fast for you

05 450r - Athena 480 kit with stage 3 cam.
    Two brother full exhaust
    Dominator Axle
    Ac Nerfs
    Tag t2 bars
    Jrd +2 LT A-arms
    PeP LT Suspension with big bottles!
    The rear setup will be coming soon hopefully!!
    \
    08 450r White/kickstart.
    XC setup very soon!
    07 Sponsers
    O'neal/Azonic Riding Apparel
    4 SkinZ Custom Seats
    CardioStack
    BK Performance
    GT Thunder
    Deptford Honda/yamaha

An open letter to all the riders out there that have questions about where the Atlantic Grand Prix Series is going 2007.

I know that there are a lot of riders that were planning on riding the AGP series in 2007 and I have to apologies to all of you for the delay with the start of 2007 series. I understand the frustration that a lot of you are going through and I know that many of you made plans to ride some of the AGP races this year, but I can also say that no one is more disappointed in the delay of this yearÕs series more than I am.

You see, when I started this series two years ago the plan was for the entire series to be in New Jersey with none of the events more than an hour or two from both New York City and Philadelphia.

We even thought we had a creative solution and that was that we would run all of our events as fund raiser for different non-profit groups within the community that the event would take place in and we agreed to give up 100% of our gate fee to benefit such non-profit groups.

In New Jersey it was for Fire Companies, Youth Sports Programs and Rescue Squads, In New York it was for a Thoroughbred Horse Rehabilitation Farm and Fire Company and in Pennsylvania it was for Youth Sports Programs. The only exception was if we were running out of a motorcycle park and then it was for the land owner.

Just in 2006 alone the Atlantic Grand Prix series raised over $45,000 for these not-for-profits and that went along way in opening the door for us to do what we do in communities that normally wouldnÕt approve of our hobby or our sport. For 2007 our goal is to double that number.

Yes, thereÕs also been a lot of accusations that we did it solely as a business, but the truth is that when we registered AGP we did it as an LLC because it offered us more protection than a non-profit, where you have to have elections every year and if you donÕt follow the rules it opens the door for a lot of ugly litigation and remember weÕre talking about New Jersey here.

On the positive side the Atlantic Grand Prix series was covered by major newspapers and on local TV stations were our events were and the message was always about the family aspect of the sport and money we were raising for charities and good causes.

My problem now is that IÕm still committed to doing events in New Jersey, I believe in New Jersey and I believe that we can still put on great events in the state, IÕm so committed that IÕve even taken on the challenge of helping the states OHV community get organized and get the recognition we deserve, if you have a minute please checkout my other website at http://www.njohva.org.

In 2006 AGP series had some really great locations, with what IÕd like to believe to be some of the best courses on the east coast and those that rode the series will all agree that all of our courses were fun, different and challenging. For 2007 we have a lot more in store.

IÕd also like to mention some of our other initiatives for 2007 that is going to make the sport better for all of us:

1. To help make it more affordable on the riders and their families and help promote the sport we are now offering a new program for 2007 where if you as an AGP racer brings a new rider that hasnÕt ridden the AGP series before your entry fee is FREE for the day.

2. To help your state off road association fight for your rights for land access the AGP series is going to turn over $1.00 for every person that comes through the gate so that it goes to your state off-road association, So if the event is in New Jersey $1.00 from every person that come through the gate will go to NJOHVA, If the event is in Pennsylvania $1.00 from every person that come through the gate will go to PAOHV and if the event is in New York $1.00 from every person that come through the gate will go to NYSORVA.

3. WeÕre also working on getting a new off road park started in New Jersey that is being created by the private sector and this park will benefit everyone that rides in the region...more on that at a later date.

Back to the beginning of this post and that is, I do understand the frustration that some of the riders are having with the delay of starting the 2007 AGP series on schedule as we had originally planned. No we did not cancel any events we just delayed and rescheduled them, yes the schedule is going to change because I have to find ways to make the series work, but for those of you that stay on and support the AGP series I promise you that it will be worth it in the end.

Sincerely

Dale Freitas

Director of the Atlantic Grand Prix Series
    President of the New Jersey Off Highway Vehicle Association