Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Elevation Finder...always jet your bike perfectly

alright guy. how does this help me? i have a 300ex and 250ex, not a 400ex. also, i am not gonna look for 400ex **** or look up dynojet **** if i don't use dynojets. they are overpriced and i will never buy them. i buy from jets r us and have been happy with the results. i ain't gonna look for jetting info for hours and hours either. 6000 and 3000 feet are not small margins by any means. i'm under 100 feet of elevation where i am, so someone at 4000 feet is not gonna have the same jet as me, even if they have the same exact mods. it's common sense. all engines are different, but still. elevation is not the only factor, as temperature, humididty and barometric pressure also influence jetting significantly.
    2002 250 ex
    HMF full exhaust
    polished throttle cover
    dg front bumper
    twin air filter
    jetted carb
    300ex shock on rear

alright guy. how does this help me? i have a 300ex and 250ex, not a 400ex. also, i am

alright then heres 1 for ur 300ex!!
    http://www.dynojet.com/pdf/Q101.pdf
    I just put the 450r carb in my 440ex and i also bought all my jets from jets r us!! U look to see what dynojet main they say to use for ur elevation then u convert it into Keihin using the conversion chart on the jetsrus web site!! And if u think that elevation doesnt matter when re-jettin the y did u open the thread called "Elevation Finder...always jet your bike perfectly" com on son think be4 u open the mouth!!!!!
    2008 TRX 700XX- brand new and bone stock!!

2006 TRX 440EX,04' 450R carb,, 450r front shocks, bingstar notorious heelguards+ notorious pegs,BIG GUN REV BOX,HMF IRONMAN SLIP-ON CARBON,FMF powerbomb header,Acerbis-black n white handguards,RENTHAL FRONT SPROCKET 13T,RENTHAL REAR SPROCKET 37T,RENTHAL R3-2 520 O-RING CHAIN, K&N air filter,K&N powerlid,Stage 2 hotcams camshart,
    wiseco 440 big bore kit at 12:5-1
    MOTOSPORT ALLOYS REDLINE 10X8 REAR - BLACK/SILVER,MOTOSPORT ALLOYS REDLINE 10X5 FRONT - BLACK/SILVER,HOUSER STEERING STEM +1 BLACK,HOUSER STEM BAR MOUNTS Oversized,RENTHAL FAT BAR BLK CR HIGH,MODQUAD GAS CAP BLACK, UM air scoops, UM aluminum airbox, Spal fan cooled, Sik-Lite blue setup, trail tech Vapor with dashboard

if you read what i said before i know jetting is affected by elevaton, but what is being implied in the title is that knowing the elevation, ou perfectly jet the carb. simply knowing the elevation does not help. you still need to do the whole jetting process, ok. you never know if the carb is jetted perfectly till you put the quad on a dyno, plug colors aren't precise enough. plug reading is just a rule of thumb.
    2002 250 ex
    HMF full exhaust
    polished throttle cover
    dg front bumper
    twin air filter
    jetted carb
    300ex shock on rear

Originally posted by dirtdawg
    if you read what i said before i know jetting is affected by elevaton, but what is being implied in the title is that knowing the elevation, ou perfectly jet the carb. simply knowing the elevation does not help. you still need to do the whole jetting process, ok. you never know if the carb is jetted perfectly till you put the quad on a dyno, plug colors aren't precise enough. plug reading is just a rule of thumb.
    Your taking the thread title too serious.....

Its just to help people find there elevation to they can take it into consideration..l.get off your high horse already
    V-Twin King Quad

well, the title should have been worded better.
    2002 250 ex
    HMF full exhaust
    polished throttle cover
    dg front bumper
    twin air filter
    jetted carb
    300ex shock on rear

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12