Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Going To 440cc's - What Do I Need?

Going To 440cc's - What Do I Need?

Hey guys,

I'm sandbagging my beginner class, and I know they are going to move me up to Novice soon, so I am getting a 440 kit and a-arms and shocks....blah blah blah.

Question - for those of you who are currently running with a 440 kit, what do I need besides the kit itself and what are the best brands??? I'm thinkin' White Bros. right now, but don't really know if they are the best. I want a high compression ratio, but don't want to have to rebuild every other race. I'm also concerned about keeping my engine cool so I don't lose so much horsepower or grenade it. SO, besides the kit, what else will I need? Aftermarket rev limiter? Cam?

I know you guys know your stuff, so I'm all ears! Thanks!!!
    Corry Weller

#801 SR1 - Lucas Oil Series
    #29 2009 YFZ450R

www.wellerracing.com

go with a good rev limiter and some air scoops tinner has good ones for cheap, what kind of racing you doing..mx,gncc, dunes ?
    District 34 #6

THIS NAME IS OUTTA USE PLEASE PM ME UNDER MY NEW NAME QUADTRIX66 THANKS

I race MX.....have been doing good so far, but like I said, I know they are going to move me up soon....need to stay competitive!

Scoops...I will have to add that to my list. Cool - thanks!
    Corry Weller

#29 2009 YFZ450R

www.wellerracing.com

I would say run a 11:1 piston, get a cam. I have a WB track cam, but I would look for something with more bottom end. A carb will help out a bunch also.
    Becareful of power hunger, it will bit you right in the piggy bank. :devil
    2002 KTM 400 EXC, this bike is awsome!

Quads I use to own:
    FDO 463ex, Gas Gas 300, Gas Gas 450, Rancher, Yamaha Warrior, ATC Big Red.

If you can't afford to fix it or replace it, don't ask to ride it!

go with the white bro's kit.
    440cc
    11:1 compression
    Race cam
    wb Rev box

then go from their. you will be happy with this stuff. The next things to do would to get more air in and more out seeing as you have an extra 40cc's So get a pipe(curtis spark x-6 its for tuned engines) and a carb. Then take it to a local shop that does porting. Don't go with some high priced company you see in the mags. as long as the person doing your motor work isn't a complete idiot your gonna get the same result, atleast in 4 strokes.
    MXZ REV
    Its gonna be snowin' soon

ELKA suspension
    Titan Cylce

Winter is upon us! Get ready for next season. Sign up today. CMRCRACING.COM

I know you guys know your stuff, so I'm all ears! Thanks!!!
    I usually like my women with a little more than ears. Maybe if you said, "I'm all wet", or "I'm getting excited!", or even "I'm really hot on the idea!" you would get more responses :-)

"Yeah I know, I have two left nuts, so I keep dicking up all the time!"

Originally posted by JabberJaw

I usually like my women with a little more than ears. Maybe if you said, "I'm all wet", or "I'm getting excited!", or even "I'm really hot on the idea!" you would get more responses :-)

"Yeah I know, I have two left nuts, so I keep dicking up all the time!"
    oh my
    Attached Images Attached Images

OhioMafiaRiders.com

2002 KTM 520SX

2002 Silver GT450ex Back in Black and stroked by GT Thunder

wanna fight............... how bout you stick your head up my butt and fight for air

Yeah.....well....no comment. I'm going to keep myself out of trouble.......I try not to go there on THIS board. :devil Although if I don't get anymore help I might have to post a pic or something!

Thanks for the input so far....as far as kits go, I think I am going to go with WB- I found a guy locally who will do my boring for me and weld my crank, too. Think I'll go WB on a new clutch, too. Still don't know about a cam....I'll probably get one from the guy who is going to do my engine work. I think I'm going to polish my carb and see if that is sufficient......if not I will look at getting a Mikuni 41mm.

Still need to find a good oil cooler or tank.....still need to decide on shocks, too. I'm only 135 lbs so I don't need any super heavy duty ones...looking at WB and Elkas.

Also need to decide on A-arms.....

Rear axle is going to be +5 dominator by RPM. My bf has one on his Raptor and I'm spoiled now.

Again, thanks for the input so far! I'm going to start ordering parts tomorrow so your help is definately appreciated!
    Corry Weller

#29 2009 YFZ450R

www.wellerracing.com

from my expierience, if all you have is shocks, arms, clutch, and pipe left to decide on, id go with a curtis sparks x-6, houser a-arms, pep shocks, barnett clutch and a stage 2 hotcam. you sound like you know your stuff though. be sure to get your head shaved and get a heavy-duty head gasket from cometic. dont have their #, just go to cometic.com and find their #. a bearing housing would be a good investment too. what tires are you getting. you talk like you have plenty of $ to spend so i would go with 18-11-8 turf tamers on champion beadlocks, you can get them custom grooved from nacs which wouldnt be a bad idea. good luck, post some pics when its done. lata
    ben
    "You say that I sin, You say I'm bound for hell, but once your judgement condemns you, I shall see you there."

----Georgia Southern University
    -Logistics & Intermodal Trans.
    Sinkhole Customs(choppers and 4X4)-mechanic/fabricator

sinkholecustoms.com

-Bronze level Honda technician

four stroke tech makes a huge accessory oil cooler for the 400ex. i think its 95 bucks maybe but not sure they say it lowers oil temp to the top end 50 degrees. its on their web site, www.fourstroketech.com
    2002 Cannondale Cannibal 450
    2000 300ex
    1999 Recon

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast