Thread: Seat Cover help

Seat Cover help

I have just recieved my seat cover in the mail and have been having a heck of a time getting it on my machine.
    Have any of you had any luck putting one on yourself. I knew it would be a challenge but I didn't think it would take more than one night of effort. I really don't want to spend the money to take it to a professional.

Thanks for your help,

Mitch
    -2004 Polaris ATP330
    -2001 Honda 400EX
    -1988 Kawasaki Tecate-4
    -1987 Suzuki LT250R **<--For Sale**
    -1986 Honda Trx 125
    -1984 Honda Trx 200
    -1984 Suzuki LT50 **<-- For Sale**

Marysville, OH Northern Cambria, PA (hometown)
    its only 5$ to get a seat cover put on here and it takes 10 mins for the lady to do it. she had a machine made for stretching materials bc she does car interiors and she just does it like lightning. its a pain in the *** to do witout it.

If you can find a professional to do it let them. I did one myself last year and it was a total pain in the *****! I used the shortest staples I could find (1/4"), put them in the same place that the originals were, and they still ended up coming through the cover. I finally ended up getting a black seat from a 2001 (The whole seat was cheaper than the damn cover!) and painting over the warning on the back.
    SMC

the way i put mine on was, it took 2 people, one would strech the cover and i would staple it, mine came out perfect. and i didnt take off my stock seat cover i stapled my aftermarket cover right over my stock one.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2000 Roll/Laeger's/Houser/Axis 416ex

2001 Arens/Laeger's/PEP 250r

Thanks to my sponsors for 2003 : 00-Buck ATV Racing, Team Pompton, Nebulae Race Team, Milton Inn Packaged Goods, Napa Auto Parts of Oak Ridge, Sick Style Racing, WD-40, Hinson Racing, IMS, Sport Center Racing, and Nac's racing

I'd also like to give a special thanks to Baldwin Motorsports for all there help and support they gave me.

We are now accepting resumes, this is a New Jersey based team. westsyder50@hotmail.com
    http://www.geocities.com/sickstyleatv/index.html

Team Rcokford Fosgate 401+ northeast champ 147.7db

I also put my seat cover over the existing. I used 1/4 inch staples and a couple sets of hands. Came out awesome. You just have to watch that the staples don't go through the plastic. Wish I had an air stapler.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I did mine my self and the easiest way to do it for me was to take a hair dryer to warm the material up with then stretch to fit right. I did mine by my self and it was a pain but the dryer helped out so it was not so hard to stretch. Hope this helps.
    Zingnut: 2001 400ex w/extras

Thanks for the help everyone.
    I tried once again but I just wasn't getting all of the wrinkles out.
    I ended up taking it to a upholsterer (sp?) and the man had it done in five minutes. He charged me a little high but the product was nice. It also saved me a some aggrivation.
    I havn't seen anyone else with this seat cover yet. I'll post a pic of it on here soon.

Thanks,
    Mitch McComb
    -2004 Polaris ATP330
    -2001 Honda 400EX
    -1988 Kawasaki Tecate-4
    -1987 Suzuki LT250R **<--For Sale**
    -1986 Honda Trx 125
    -1984 Honda Trx 200
    -1984 Suzuki LT50 **<-- For Sale**