Thread: How do you like the power?

How do you like the power?

My uncle recently just bought one of these, and WOW!! It has plenty of power. It somewhat lacks in the "get-up-and go" power though. The 4wd works great, and so does the locking and unlocking differential. I challeneged a Prarie 700 to a pulling competition while riding it along some trails and pulled it backwards in 2wd no problem, even though I know there is a huge weight difference. It climbs nice size hills in 4wd easily, but in 2wd the belt slips going up a hill. Hopefully I'll get some pics up of it in the next few weeks from other rides with it. Please someone else say comments about you experience with the Mule.
    2008 Can Am DS450
    PRM Baja Bumper and Skid

2007 Honda Rincon 680
    Fuel Injected
    ITP Mudlites
    Hopefully some more goodies soon

1986 Honda ATC 250SX
    Knobby tires all-round
    otherwise.................... STOCK

Well I bought a Mule last August, it was a 610 4x4 Camo, basically a recreational model not something that you would really use for work. I used it for hunting and just messing around the house with it. After 3 months I was bored with it, it lacks power...going up average hills it won't go much more than 10 mph. If you put a couple of guys in it to take them to a hunting spot again it just crawls. A 400cc atv has twice the power that the mule did, I don't understand why Kawasaki made it that way. It's governed out at 25mph and yes you can disengage the governor but you may only be able to get to 32 mph. I didn't buy the machine to go balls to the walls through the woods. But it was a bit embarrassing when you got your hunting buddies in it and your going up a hill barely moving. I don't know how many times I was asked you got that thing to the floor...and unfortunatly I had to say yeah.

You may want a Mule if....

-You're over 40yrs old and don't want to go more than 25mph anymore.
    -You can only spend about $6500 and don't have the money for a rhino.

My best advice is buy a Rhino, if you get a Mule you'll more than likely be sick of it within a few months.

The good thing about a Mule is that it barely loses its value throughout several years.
    Sold it
    2002 400ex
    Pro-Circuit T-4 Pipe
    Pro Armor Nerf Bars
    ShockWears Shock Guards
    Acerbis Handguards

Coming soon:
    K&N Filter
    Skid Plates (undecided on make)

Yes, they do get a little boring.... but i didnt buy it... my uncle did. So he has to get bored while I ride it when im allowed!
    2008 Can Am DS450
    PRM Baja Bumper and Skid

2007 Honda Rincon 680
    Fuel Injected
    ITP Mudlites
    Hopefully some more goodies soon

1986 Honda ATC 250SX
    Knobby tires all-round
    otherwise.................... STOCK

I actually was enjoying ours... riding it on the gravel roads from the farm to the small town cafe on Saturday mornings for breakfast...

ours is a TransMule & comfortably fits a few of the neighbors if they want to ride along... I have a lawn mower racing tach installed, & plan to do some adjusting of both the govenor & the clutch to squeeze a bit more speed & acceleration out of it...

with the 14" gear reduction lift, & a set of 33" race cut boggers, it probably won't be too boring though... but the lift goes on & off in about 1/2 hour, so I can still ride it to the cafe like an old man...

BTW... note the CB radio, 250 watt boat stereo, & Sirius satalite radio as well as a few other goodies... the top is designed to allow spectating from the top at events...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2002 ( now ) 750cc Prairie... to many mods & tires to list here...

If you're not making dust, You're eating dust...

pic of the clutches open while installing the tach pick up...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2002 ( now ) 750cc Prairie... to many mods & tires to list here...

If you're not making dust, You're eating dust...

i have the diesel mule and it has plenty of torque but it still feels like it lacks in the power dept.

my dad and i are searching for a turbo kit or some kind of injectors and fuel system upgrade