Thread: easiest hybrid in a 400ex frame?

easiest hybrid in a 400ex frame?

I was wondering what would be the easiest and somewhat cheapest engine to put in my 400ex, it is all widened and set up the way I like it just not nearly enough power. I was wondering whats the easiest engine to get and install with minor mods and still be nice and reliable. I figure a water cooled engine would be alot better than the ex air cooled. easiest engine to find and what years were the best for that one, also about how much am I looking to spend completed? thanks yet again guys!!!
    Mach 5 Racing
    06 Polaris sportsmand 800efi

FOR SALE!!'03 400ex raced out FOR SALE!!

my ktm 450 was easy i guess...i did the whole install in 10hr.
    it should cost around 2000.00 to do right...

YZ

Im startign a YZ426 swap now, from what ive seen and read theres no frame modifications, just a matter of mounting a radiator and getting proper engine mounts. Have to make or possibly reuse stock oil tank also.
    07 700 Raptor SE
    Alba Racing Power Kit
    15t sprocket

02 400ex - Turtle Racing 440 Stroker Engine (416 Bore, +4mm Stroke), JE 14.5:1 piston, Sparks Racing FCR 39mm carb, Hinson 8 plate clutch, Full Port and Polish, Curtis Sparks x4 cam, Curtis Sparks X-6 exhaust, UM aluminum airbox, ASR +2+1 A-arms, +4 Lonsetar Axle, Houser +1 antivibe, Works Triple rates with Remote Rezzies, Custom blue powdercoat, Maier Gray Plastics, theres nothing like the smell burning 110 octane...PARTING OUT! ASK ME FOR PARTS

Ask me about THE QUAD SHOP

There are frame mods on a yz426 swap.

LOL

Yeah so im finding out, ive been told you have to remove factory 400 lower mounts and install new YZ mounts but thats it. Is there more that im not aware of?
    07 700 Raptor SE
    Alba Racing Power Kit
    15t sprocket

02 400ex - Turtle Racing 440 Stroker Engine (416 Bore, +4mm Stroke), JE 14.5:1 piston, Sparks Racing FCR 39mm carb, Hinson 8 plate clutch, Full Port and Polish, Curtis Sparks x4 cam, Curtis Sparks X-6 exhaust, UM aluminum airbox, ASR +2+1 A-arms, +4 Lonsetar Axle, Houser +1 antivibe, Works Triple rates with Remote Rezzies, Custom blue powdercoat, Maier Gray Plastics, theres nothing like the smell burning 110 octane...PARTING OUT! ASK ME FOR PARTS

Ask me about THE QUAD SHOP

Re: LOL

Originally posted by 440_Turtle
    Yeah so im finding out, ive been told you have to remove factory 400 lower mounts and install new YZ mounts but thats it. Is there more that im not aware of?
    Need to make front mounts and head stay mount.
    Need a insert for the pivot part of the motor. .

If i went cheep on my hybrid it woiuld have been cheep.
    Radiator $50
    motor/exhaust/elec/carb $1300
    Frame modding/kicker extention $270
    intake boot $5

so $1620 is the cheepest i could have gone but i baught a pwr radiator so mine totaled $1970.

400ex hybird 650 for sale or trade.?

best offer or trade for a street bike or enduro.?? 2001 honda 400ex with a title.it has a NX-650 honda motor in it. new one way gear and newer tires. the nx 650 motor is the same as the XR650L motor.it has extra parts like a frame,sub frame,gas tank,misc for it and the nx motor. very fast it and does need jetted and the rear brakes leak. the atv looks stock just like a 400ex. it has a k/n filter and racing pipe with nerfs. I'm taking offers and will trade for a street bike or enduro.?? I have new never on the bike IMS gas tank,frame skid plate,air scoops for an extra $125.00. I will be putting it on e-bay and the paper if I don't sell it soon. I can send you a photo.
    440-864-0743 charliekat@oh.rr.com
    Chas