Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Brute Forces are garbage

I have a 650I Brute and love it. No problems with it at all. I have not been abusive to it but it has been well ridden. I have ridden with some others that have other brand machines that have had a number of problems with their machines but the problems were mostly because of what they had done to or with the machine.

I highly recomend a 650I and would not hesitate to buy another one.

The bike that I reported on earlier spent 2 weeks in the shop. ALL .... yes I said ALL the electrical had to be changed on the quad. Good thing he bought the 3 years extended warranty ... it's paid itself off already. He just got it back tonight ... he's keeping his fingers crossed that everything is OK now.
    2004 Yamaha Grizzly 660 .... Loaded !!!!

Working Together Towards A Common Goal --- Quitting Time !!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yx75Zoa_kVw&feature=related

I had my entire wiring replaced also, there is a bad ground splice connector in them.

Originally posted by Which 450?
    I had my entire wiring replaced also, there is a bad ground splice connector in them.
    Did they have to replace your computers also ?? My buddy's had all the wiring and computers changed ... they called it a " Factory Defect"
    2004 Yamaha Grizzly 660 .... Loaded !!!!

Working Together Towards A Common Goal --- Quitting Time !!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yx75Zoa_kVw&feature=related

Originally posted by Quad18star
    Did they have to replace your computers also ?? My buddy's had all the wiring and computers changed ... they called it a " Factory Defect"
    no, mine was the ground splice, it had corroded and started to melt, to they didnt want to chance it, and replaced the whole thing.

this guys gone crazy!!! i lovvvveeee brute forces there my favorite utility

whats he thinkin

I have an 06 750i and I have been very rough on mine. I have raced it in both GNCC and the local ATVCCS races, put 29.5 Outlaws and went to Mud Nationals and ran it in mud up to the handlebars, and pretty much ride WOT anytime I'm on it and I have yet to have any problems that I didn't cause. All manufacturers have "factory defects" from time to time. I don't think that is a reason to just bash the whole line. IMO
    2005 KFX400
    ATVCCS #333
    Holeshot HD's, HMF Ballance Ed., AC Pro Pegs, Intimidator Bumper, PEP Stabilizer, FLY Bars, Maier Race Hood, all aluminium pieces powder coated black.
    Just a wanna-be!!!

i worked at a dealership for 3 years, and every singel mechanic said they sucked, and these are top notch mechanics, we sold all 4 brands, and thats what gave the most trouble, so all you other doosh bags are just basing your opinion on the only quad you know about, and thats yours, but o well,, everybodys quad is always the best or the most bad ***, just wanted to clear up everything ive been reading, thanks guys,

Originally posted by waddle
    i worked at a dealership for 3 years, and every singel mechanic said they sucked, and these are top notch mechanics, we sold all 4 brands, and thats what gave the most trouble, so all you other doosh bags are just basing your opinion on the only quad you know about, and thats yours, but o well,, everybodys quad is always the best or the most bad ***, just wanted to clear up everything ive been reading, thanks guys,
    sure you know wut ur talkin about.... I can really tell... Ive worked on probably.... umm... well almost every 4 wheeler made, except for these new china bikes. When your talking about the big bore utes, you cant classify their reliability with the other little bikes. Compared to any can am or polaris, they are much more reliable. Ive been working at a motorcycle shop since I graduated in 1995, I've seen it all. O yea, I own a brute force, I had an '06, had 5500 miles on it when I sold it, I replaced the 1st belt at 2500 miles, but it was only .004" thinner then new, and I think they allow .040 before you should replace it. I had the brake module replaced under warranty, and probably 3 sets of bushings in different areas. Its probably average in my opinion. I just bought an '08 brute force, which is setup alot better. I had a 2003 400ex before that, it was about the same in bushing wear, nothing out of the ordinary, chains bearings etc... before that I had a warrior, that was probably a little worse, it was so heavy it would just loose those a arm bushings in no time. The best one I had was an old 200sx, I thinks what it was called, shaft driven Honda 3 wheeler, I never worked on that thing. except for brake pads. Which reminds me, I never had to change pads on the brute force compared to ALL the other bikes I've owned.

Give up some reasons before you go posting your garbage. You come out here and say they are garbage. We ask why and all you have to say is "JUST BECAUSE"

waddle sounds like hes jealous cause he wants one but his momy probly wont let him have one or come out n play gotta like them BIG TALKKERS WITH NO FACTS.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast