Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: HOW TO relocate 400ex battery

isn't putting a battery in the air box taken up valuable air space?That's why you drill holes,better filter,remove lid to gain more air right,imo its alright were it is,unless someone convinces me different,what are the advantages of this if any?
    (2003)426ex,edelbrock carb,maxis razors,dirt digger clutch,ported and polished,Kibblewhite valve springs and Black Diamond valves,Omf air scoops,Renthal all diamond grips hard compound,Whitebrothers E-series pipe,Hot cam stage 1,Hot Rods crank,Wiesco 11:1 piston,HD CRF timming chain,Pro Armor front bumper,Omf skid plates, K&N air fiter,Outerwears Prefilter,LA sleeve,Longhorn atv high bend big bars,AMR monster coil,08'450r heel guards & pegs,Streamline 7 way stabilizer,450r front shocks,Primary Drive gold 520 race chain,LSR 250r axle,ss front brake lines,07 sub frame, pretty much just engine work right now, top to bottom new.Would really like to convert my 03' plastics to 08' plastics.FOR SALE!!! PM ME FOR DETAILS.THANKS

I have plenty of space for air to flow and I have seen no power decrease. It's just easier to put the plastics on and off.
    SOLD - '99 400ex - Hotcam Stage 2 | Cometic | HD studs | K&N | 3qt oil tank | Stainless Scoops w/hp adding stickers | White Bros air box vents | White Bros painted/wrapped E-series | 450r front shocks | Renthal | Moose levers | Acerbis | AC Pro-Pegs | Pro Armor Frame/A-Arm skids, Bullhorn style bumper | Slashers | Razr II's | White Bros e-brake block off | relocated battery in air box | upgraded lights | hide-away license plate. Much more to come.

-If you can read this thank a teacher, because it's in English, thank a soldier.

pretty much just easyer to put the plastic on and off and makes it look better. but it is harder to take the air filter in and out
    getting back in the game lol got a abused 300ex

Originally posted by j450rking
    hey guys i got a um airbox for cheap so my modded stock airbox is up for sale! $15+shipping it dose't have the intake tube b/c i had to use it with my um air box
    Send me a pic of that modded airbox you have for sale, I might be interested.
    Sold the 400ex

2004 Suzuki Z400 Limited Edtion, Jet Kit, Alba Racing Pipe, Removed Airbox Lid, Primary Drive sprockets and chain, Razr 2's all around, Douglas .190 rims up front, Swingarm Skid, Engine Skid, and much more to come.

Zach

it's the same airbox from this post

pics on the first page and it comes with the modded lid i glued a old outerwear in the lid after i cut a large hole in it

i decided to try this when i did my complete rebuiild on mine heres some pics

i have the rubber that goes over the battery to keep it from getting all oily but this was actually a pretty easy mod took about and hour or so...
    2003 416ex

Hot Cam Stage 1
    JE 416 piston 10.8:1 comp
    AC Dirtscreen Bumper
    DG Nerfs
    +2 1/2'' Stering Stem Custom
    CR Low Bend Bars
    Razr Mx's All Around
    ITP T-9 Fronts
    Douglas .190's Rear
    White Bros E2 Slip on

i did this aswell.. heres a few pictures of mine
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 2.jpg (95.2 KB, 300 views)
    2002 banshee - some go fast parts
    07 klx110 - alot of go fast parts

last one

looks alot stronger then mine hey ruby were do you live in ct?

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast