Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: foreman es shift problems

foreman es shift problems

i have a 500 es 4x4 2006 model that the electric shift screws up every now and then. It will just stop shifting and flash neutral. any suggestions?
    If that dog had not chased me over the fence I would have been your daddy.

Ive had that problem with my 04 Foreman 450 - I just shut it off and turn it back on and it goes back to normal. Ive had it do that because of a junk battery but other than that Im not sure. Id check the battery and see if thats the problem if not I would have it checked out by your dealer. Hope that helps somewhat

might as well go to the dealer had an 03 that did that on the 4 wheel drive part ( kick into 4 wheel and flash ). computer problem on it.

theres a speed sensor or something that gets wet on the front towards the bottom of the engine just put dialectric grease on the connector and it should be fine. call your honda dealer and ask they will tell you about it mine told me about it before i bought my rancher

Originally posted by 2004300exryder
    theres a speed sensor or something that gets wet on the front towards the bottom of the engine just put dialectric grease on the connector and it should be fine. call your honda dealer and ask they will tell you about it mine told me about it before i bought my rancher
    Agreed, I had the same deal on our 450es, Dealer also told me about right away, I just replaced it so i wouldn't have trouble only was like a $26 part in like 2002.

Brandon
    Ride it. Race it. Live it!

Special thanks to my 2007 Sponsors: Obermeyer Yamaha, JPMX, SIMX Racing, Powermadd, Kars Trailers, Pitstop Auto/truck parts, Cardio Stack, Scott USA, LoneStar Racing, Liquid Performance, ASV Inventions, Streamline Brakes, Rath Racing, Elka Suspension, EVS, FMF, Blingstar, Hiper Wheels, Mom, Dad, and Family

no no no first of alll electric shift is junk!! get foot shift second of all just charge up your battery.... my friends does it all the time its a 2002 so the battery is getting old so charged it up good and it will shift goood as new if that doesnt work then something major isnt right
    2005 250ex
    DG- A arm guards
    Skid plate
    Sparks X-4 full system exhaust!
    K&N Jet Kit
    K&N air filter and outer wears
    SOLD!
    ------------------------------------------------
    2003 400ex.
    graydon nerfs
    skid plate
    A-arm guards
    Pro Armor XC Bumper
    Black HMF slip on
    Dyno Jet Kit
    K&N air filter
    Outterwears pre charger

here we go a 15 year old that knows everything. maybe we should listen to the people who have worked on them and know about them and how they work. electric shift is a nice feature so dont knock it till u try it. and its a 2006 i highly doubt the battery is weak. just my 2 cents

i forgot..... i dont no nothin considering that was the problom......... u freakin idiot! wow 15 years........... like iv never worked on anything!!! iv rebuild snowmobile angins..... 1 atv engin worked on them.... just becuase ur like 17 whoppy do dont nock the charging battery till u try it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! why else would would it not be shifting hmmm electric shift/...... wow dont start a fight when that probly is the problem! so who ever started this thread just throw your battery on the charger just humor me and try it cuz it might be it.
    2005 250ex
    DG- A arm guards
    Skid plate
    K&N Jet Kit
    SOLD!
    2003 400ex.
    graydon nerfs
    skid plate
    A-arm guards
    Pro Armor XC Bumper
    Black HMF slip on
    Dyno Jet Kit
    K&N air filter
    Outterwears pre charger

maby ur 25- 26
    2005 250ex
    DG- A arm guards
    Skid plate
    K&N Jet Kit
    SOLD!
    2003 400ex.
    graydon nerfs
    skid plate
    A-arm guards
    Pro Armor XC Bumper
    Black HMF slip on
    Dyno Jet Kit
    K&N air filter
    Outterwears pre charger

yep 26 and whatever you say and ive worked on hundreds and like i said its a 2006 i highly doubt its the battery maybe if it was an 02 but its not. and you cant spell. have a nice day

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast