Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dang 250ex suspension, what fits?

Dang 250ex suspension, what fits?

Ok, im sure this has been cover a little. My GF's 250 bucks horrible. She "says" the front suspension is "ok" but the rear is like riding a rodeo bull. Since then I have installed a 400ex front shock in the rear. It helped a little, but she doesnt weigh enough, and the 400's cant be revalved to slow the rebound. Its kinda like a pogo stick. With going to the 400 shock it aloud be some adjustment, but not the type i think i need. My question is what option do I have. Do I need to do the rear and front shocks in order to get the best outcome? I know works makes shock but are ungodly expensive, and im trying to get her to to be a better rider so she can move up. I think I heard that 300ex shocks fit. But what do they fit? Do the fronts of the 300 fir the fronts on the 250EX. Also I heard a 2001 raptor rear shock fits the rear of a 250, and those are re sprng able and can be revalved. Also it sucks that the a-arms and swing arm are so short and narrow. Would it help it I got offset rims to try and widen the quad out alittle? Sorry for all the ?'s.I just need to get her a better ride so she enjoys this sport a little more.
    2001 Honda 426cc,JE 11:5.1 Piston (no base gasket),DG Nerf Bars,Renthal Bars,Nac racing Clamp with kill swith,Full FMF race exhaust with power bomb header,450R front shocks,DG front bumper,SS Brake lines,Billet accessories,OMF Air scoops
    DG Seat latch,DG Battery box,
    Meijer 250r Hood
    15F,38R sun star sprockets,DID x-ring chain,Rev box,Barnett Dirt digger HD Clutch,Barnett HD Clutch spings
    K&N air fliter,+6 Timing advance key
    Hot Cam Stage 2,Port and Polish head,39mm FCR Racing Carb
    Dyno tuned

ok if u r gunna go spend the money get elka second the pob with 4 hudred shox r that they r made for a very heavy quad i would go all the way aroung elka rec series or just up front should be fine 650 for fron and 850 for rear but u might wanna do just front and put the stock shock in the rear
    Brad Harrell #927
    www.oxcracing.com

08 yz250f

the suspenshion of a warrior will fit front and bak

yea but then shes still got the prob of the compression being too high
    Brad Harrell #927
    www.oxcracing.com

08 yz250f

A 300ex rear shock will fit the back of the 250 I believe, so that means an '01 raptor shock will. I have also heard of people putting front banshee shocks on the back, that is supposed to really soften it up.
    406ex - January '13 QOTM

alright r talikn warrior raptor or 660 raptor and the 250 and 300 shocks r the same i dont think theres a difference pleeze correct me if im wrong cuz im lookin 4 a rear shock
    Brad Harrell #927
    www.oxcracing.com

08 yz250f

thanks guys. mhsc I appreciate the input, however she is slowly growing out of the "autoclutch" she has been playing around an a friends stock 400ex. so I dont wanna put $1300 into shocks for her to ride a year or so more. And I dont think i would get my money out of it when i go to sell it. I can deal with a few hundred, but not a thousand.
    2001 Honda 426cc,JE 11:5.1 Piston (no base gasket),DG Nerf Bars,Renthal Bars,Nac racing Clamp with kill swith,Full FMF race exhaust with power bomb header,450R front shocks,DG front bumper,SS Brake lines,Billet accessories,OMF Air scoops
    DG Seat latch,DG Battery box,
    Meijer 250r Hood
    15F,38R sun star sprockets,DID x-ring chain,Rev box,Barnett Dirt digger HD Clutch,Barnett HD Clutch spings
    K&N air fliter,+6 Timing advance key
    Hot Cam Stage 2,Port and Polish head,39mm FCR Racing Carb
    Dyno tuned

yea i just thin a bamshee front or 300ex rear but nothin bigger cuz its gunna be stiff
    Brad Harrell #927
    www.oxcracing.com

08 yz250f

The one I'm talking about is an '01 raptor 660 rear shock. It fits a 300ex, and a 300ex fits the 250ex, so im gueesing the raptor shock will fit the 250ex
    406ex - January '13 QOTM

ok im gunna look for one
    Brad Harrell #927
    www.oxcracing.com

08 yz250f

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast