Thread: HELP: Starting TTR125 In Cold Weather

HELP: Starting TTR125 In Cold Weather

I have a 2003 ttr 125 and they are very hard to start in cold weather i found out. Does anyone have one,or can you tell me an easier way to start them in cold weather?...thank you very much

pump the throttle a few times and choke and kick. and use Peak Starting Fluid.
    BIKELESS...

Long sigs are a waste, please keep them short, we don't need to know what quad your buddy, dad, brother, mother, aunt, uncle, and the neighbors cat is riding, or the mods that they have, want, have ordered, looked at, thought about or sold.

My cousin had a ttr 125l which is almoast the same thing. His bike you would have to turn the choke all the way on and kick it with out touching the throttle. If you event opened it just a hair it would die till it was warmed up a little.
    400ex/ trx 450r hybrid

^^ What he said. I remember when I had mine you would have to kick it with no throttle at all, a solid kick from the top of the kickstarters stroke. Not really hard just solid. I turned my idle up a touch in the winter also and it would ease startup slightly. Biggest help though is getting a full kick.
    04' YFZ 450
    06' LTR 450
    03' Z400
    01' 406EX- R.I.P
    97' MXZ 583
    02' mxzx 600
    District 34, #450
    Aim: Hippiekicker 250