Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oregon riders

Oregon riders

What type of pipe do you run to pass the dbA levels at the dunes?
    06 YFZ, Alba exhaust, K&N, nerfs, trailtech x-bars, trailtech torch lights, trailtech HID lights, ac full body skid plate, one industries graphics, TCS front shocks, TCS rear shock rebuild, Alba +2 a-arms, alba bumper, AC cooler rack. ITP C9 wheels, sandskate 1 paddles, GBC dune runner fronts, Precision stabilizer, Alba porting, cam mod

I run the stock exhaust on my 400, and a 3" supertrap with 12 disks on my rail.

big-guy

I have the same Supertrapp and I think it"s to loud to pass.
    06 YFZ, Alba exhaust, K&N, nerfs, trailtech x-bars, trailtech torch lights, trailtech HID lights, ac full body skid plate, one industries graphics, TCS front shocks, TCS rear shock rebuild, Alba +2 a-arms, alba bumper, AC cooler rack. ITP C9 wheels, sandskate 1 paddles, GBC dune runner fronts, Precision stabilizer, Alba porting, cam mod

maybe so, but I haven't had any trouble. (and the dB testing done by the rangers is not very scientifcally accurate, and I doubt it would stand up in court) I think they're more concerned with spark arrestors anyway.

Watch, I'll get a ticket next time I go out...
    big-guy

i think that the max is like 100ish, stock is 96db so pretty much everything is against the rules. but like big-guy said i doubt it would hold up in court. just make sure you gots a spark arrestor.
    02 400ex

decibal level

I thought the 400ex stock pipe was like in the high 80's, and my friend runs a WB E series pipe on his raptor and the forest rangers dont really care about it just as long as hes not doing something else bad and then they will check you.

Yep, the stock ex pipe is about 88 dB. The limit in the Oregon Dunes is 93 or 94 dB (I think it's 94). My Yoshi with the open endcap and spark arrestor puts out 97-98 dB. But, with the T.E.C endcaps, the mid-size cap is about 95 dB, and the small cap is 92. I run with biggest endcap and have never been hassled. You just don't get on the throttle until you're out of the parking lot, and climbing up that first big hill. One warning though... the cops now ride Raptors. I saw one out in the dunes between Spinreel and Horsefall. Just keep on the lookout for them, and you'll be fine.
    '06 Raptor 700R
    '04 V-Force

NW Quadriders

Re: Oregon riders

Originally posted by surfski
    What type of pipe do you run to pass the dbA levels at the dunes?
    HAHA!! Whats the fun in being able to pass the dB level? I know I'm way above the limit of 93 dB in Florence and the other riding areas south of that, but I think Sandlake has a dB level of 99. I've been lucky and haven't been hassled at all but I've seen other people get busted pretty bad. Sometimes on big weekends in Florence they'll actually go from camp to camp giving voluntary sound checks which kinda gives you an out. Most people will claim they've never ridden in the area before and didn't know the dB level. I've actually seen people get out of a ticket that way.
    You've just been passed by a GIRL!!!

2004 TRX450R: Fly handlebars, Oury grips, a few ModQuad billet parts, 13 tooth front sprocket, removed baffle, rejetted, etc.....nothing fancy yet but it goes!!!

AOL SN:ThorRidnPrincess

I think they should stick thier sound test and rules up a tree huggers arse

LOL, yea that sounds like a good idea to me!!
    You've just been passed by a GIRL!!!

2004 TRX450R: Fly handlebars, Oury grips, a few ModQuad billet parts, 13 tooth front sprocket, removed baffle, rejetted, etc.....nothing fancy yet but it goes!!!

AOL SN:ThorRidnPrincess

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast