Thread: Rear brakes

Rear brakes

Is there any hydralic rear brakes that will bolt up to a blaster or some that come close enough that i can do some cutting and welding. I dont want to buy the conversions kit though.
    I NEED A 300EX/250X REAR BRAKE CALIPER. PLEASE PM ME IF YOU HAVE ONE FOR SALE.

1997 330ex
    -Beadlocks
    -Nerfs
    -Tusk HD clutch
    -Uni filter
    -Custom lights and dash
    -Powermadds
    -More to come

blasterheavyb is trying to sell a caliper and brake lines for the blaster you would have to get a master cylinder for it though. i tjink he is selling it for 90+ shipping
    '07 450ER:
    white brothers xc bumper, prm swinger skid, jetted, baffle removed

'98 Yamaha Blaster:
    Airsal firebreather 240 kit, Vitos 3mm stroker crank, Project blaster aluminum airbox, Project blaster intake, Keihin 35mm airstriker carb, Vitos timing degree key, Boyeson pro series reeds, F7 pipe and silencer, Uni air filter, Durablue +2 axle (stock now i broke it), Kenda Klaw rear tires, Douglas .190 rear wheels (now stock i bent them), oil injection block off kit, EBC heavy duty clutch kit, 13/38 gearing, billet clutch basket, lightened flywheel, Renthal works chain, Fly handlebars, Hellbound +3 swinger, nissin hydro brake kit, banshee front shocks (stock now i bent them) , works quadstar rear shock w/rezzie, DG National front bumper

coming soon:
    Maier race cut fenders
    Elka/Leager a arm and shock kit
    DG national series grab bar

do you have any buddies with sportbike parts? I used a front caliper from a 1994 Cbr600f2, the rear master cylinder,resivroir, and brake line from the same bike. Then i made a couple brackets and done a little welding, then presto, i have awesome hydraulic back brakes!! Heck you could use warrior or banshee back brake setups with just making a couple brackets, you just have to get creative.
    1995 Blaster. Bored .040" , midrange ported, head rechambered, pro series reeds, FMF fatty/Dg silencer, lightened flywheel, +4 timing, Hydro brakes, Lonestar +2 a-arms, Works dual rate G-series shocks, +2 swingarm,. More to come

Ok thanks

1997 330ex
    -Beadlocks
    -Nerfs
    -Tusk HD clutch
    -Uni filter
    -Custom lights and dash
    -Powermadds
    -More to come

brakes

honestly you can rig a blaster all day long but I finally saved up and bought a set from blasterzone.com off ebay. I had to wait a few weeks due to there slow shipping but this system works awsome, looks good as well.

Re: brakes

Originally posted by mobileblaster
    honestly you can rig a blaster all day long but I finally saved up and bought a set from blasterzone.com off ebay. I had to wait a few weeks due to there slow shipping but this system works awsome, looks good as well.
    hmm i got the blasterzone GO-KART breaks too... they dont work at all.. so i raaced a full season without breaks... and yes, there parts from a go kart racing magazine and i had almsot the same exact set up on my go kart when i raced one..
    Neatv-mx #99
    Mark Gehring
    2012 4-Stroke A Champion
    2010 Production A Champion

if you want to put the time in and you can weld, you could pick up an old brake setup off of a street bike. I welded a bracket to the frame above the footpeg and mounted a master cylinder, mine is premix, so I mounted the resevior where the oil fill was originally. then I made a bracket out of flat bar to hold the caliper, it was free and stops alot better than a stock one
    88 Blaster
    Vito's 240
    BIG mikuni carb
    reed spacer
    FMF pipe
    Banshee front shocks
    Polaris rear shock
    Kenda Klaws

2000 Jeep Cherokee
    Flowmaster 40

ok i think thats what i am going to do. i have a welder and i can get the sportbike brakes easily.

Thanks

1997 330ex
    -Beadlocks
    -Nerfs
    -Tusk HD clutch
    -Uni filter
    -Custom lights and dash
    -Powermadds
    -More to come

blaster zone brakes

Don't know where he went wrong. Mine work and stop as good as the ones on my 450