Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: what kind of pipe?

what kind of pipe?

hey guys,

first of all i'd like to say this is a great forum!

but the real reason for posting is that i have a 2007 trx250ex thats a real joy to ride. ive been out twice and its doing great although where i ride (the infamous Johnson Valley, CA) there are some really awesome dunes with super soft sand that my bike can make less than half way up. The bad part about this is im verry competitive and when i see my dad on his 400 wheelie the entire 150 to 200 ft. dune with the ease of a hot knife through butter i get jealous. so our comprimise is to get it piped with a full system, but here comes my problem im a newb and dont know much about what pipe is best for my bike. so can u guys help me out on choosing??

I've been doing some research and im leaning towards either the fmf power core 4 or the procircuit ti just because i know the brands.

some pipes like the big guns require rejetting this is not a problem at all, i was thinking of doing this anyways so no worry.

thanks for all the help
    05trx400-dads
    07trx250-mine

98% of the teenage population will try, does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this into your signature

Well, there isn't a model for the 250ex of the pipes that you mentioned. Many people agree that the HMF is the best pipe for the 250ex. Rejetting is required for just about any pipe you get also. Good luck.
    406ex - January '13 QOTM

ok first of all any slip on or full system you need to rejet. secound you should get a curtis sparkes X-4 for yours in a full system. the sound is the best quality and if you want you can get a queit core for it.then you should get a dyno jet kit, then a k&N filter and outer wears and its up to you if you want to run the air box lid on or off but in sandy conditions id leave it on so there you have it thats the best thing to do to a 250ex. Now if your super competitive and have a extra 350$ to spend go for a powroll big bore kit to bore your engin to a true 250cc. heres the link to the full system exhaust http://www.alwaysopenmall.com/layout...0&ListByCode=1
    ok now for the powroll site after you copy and past this link you can watch a 250 ex wheelie up a little sandy hill with sand tires http://www.powroll.com/P_HONDA_TRX250EX.htm ok i hope this helps you out a bunch and if you wont the jet kit and filter and stuff just go to rockymountainatv/mc.com and buy it froom then and you should add me and tell me if this helps and you can ask me more stuff.!
    2005 250ex
    DG- A arm guards
    Skid plate
    Sparks X-4 full system exhaust!
    K&N Jet Kit
    K&N air filter and outer wears
    SOLD!
    ------------------------------------------------
    2003 400ex.
    graydon nerfs
    skid plate
    A-arm guards
    Pro Armor XC Bumper
    Black HMF slip on
    Dyno Jet Kit
    K&N air filter
    Outterwears pre charger

!!

forgot to add dont get HMF my friends have them and they dont compare to the sparks X-4 we drag race on the open roade so you no now from the facts lol
    2005 250ex
    DG- A arm guards
    Skid plate
    K&N Jet Kit
    SOLD!
    2003 400ex.
    graydon nerfs
    skid plate
    A-arm guards
    Pro Armor XC Bumper
    Black HMF slip on
    Dyno Jet Kit
    K&N air filter
    Outterwears pre charger

i found the powercore for my bike on the fmf page

http://www.fmfracing.com/products/ca...CategoryID=129

and the procircuit is my mistake i saw hon 250ex but failed to realize that its not for my year
    05trx400-dads
    07trx250-mine

98% of the teenage population will try, does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this into your signature

Originally posted by 250exkid
    ok first of all any slip on or full system you need to rejet. secound you should get a curtis sparkes X-4 for yours in a full system. the sound is the best quality and if you want you can get a queit core for it.then you should get a dyno jet kit, then a k&N filter and outer wears and its up to you if you want to run the air box lid on or off but in sandy conditions id leave it on so there you have it thats the best thing to do to a 250ex. Now if your super competitive and have a extra 350$ to spend go for a powroll big bore kit to bore your engin to a true 250cc. heres the link to the full system exhaust http://www.alwaysopenmall.com/layout...0&ListByCode=1
    ok now for the powroll site after you copy and past this link you can watch a 250 ex wheelie up a little sandy hill with sand tires http://www.powroll.com/P_HONDA_TRX250EX.htm ok i hope this helps you out a bunch and if you wont the jet kit and filter and stuff just go to rockymountainatv/mc.com and buy it froom then and you should add me and tell me if this helps and you can ask me more stuff.!

thanks
    can u post the sparkes home page

and ya if you mean buddy then sure
    05trx400-dads
    07trx250-mine

dont get fmf or that just do it right the first time iv learned from my friends and the sparks X-4 is the greatest! and heres mine with the pipe
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2005 250ex
    DG- A arm guards
    Skid plate
    K&N Jet Kit
    SOLD!
    2003 400ex.
    graydon nerfs
    skid plate
    A-arm guards
    Pro Armor XC Bumper
    Black HMF slip on
    Dyno Jet Kit
    K&N air filter
    Outterwears pre charger

yes buddy wise//// and the first link on my first post is the link to sparks home page just click it and i have it brought up on there already for you!
    2005 250ex
    DG- A arm guards
    Skid plate
    K&N Jet Kit
    SOLD!
    2003 400ex.
    graydon nerfs
    skid plate
    A-arm guards
    Pro Armor XC Bumper
    Black HMF slip on
    Dyno Jet Kit
    K&N air filter
    Outterwears pre charger

how loud is the sparks system w/o the quiet core is it legal in most ohv parks
    05trx400-dads
    07trx250-mine

mine is very loude and sounds GREAT but im not sure if its legal but as you see on the site you can buy the quiet core...... but my pipe is older so i cant put a queit core in it.
    2005 250ex
    DG- A arm guards
    Skid plate
    K&N Jet Kit
    SOLD!
    2003 400ex.
    graydon nerfs
    skid plate
    A-arm guards