Thread: Typhoon gussets

Typhoon gussets

Our 30 point gusset kit installed.
    Attached Images Attached Images

This one ties both parts of the frame together.

More.

Another.

What are the three collars for in the last pic. The brace that ties the frame together, you welded, looks fairly simple piece to fab. or it is one from Xtreme? I heard they were working on something like that. Did you also weld plates on that area, it looks like it, seemed to concern me especially for motocrossers, the swing-arm area looks a little weak, or easily tweaked? All the stress load is from the outside from the swinger and usually a quad swinger is inside the frame rails.

It is the part from Xtreme we just welded in place. We beefed the frame up in several places.

As far as your other concerns, we did gusset the swinger and a-arms. Will it hold up? Only time will tell but we feel pretty good about it!
    Originally posted by Needmorehp
    What are the three collars for in the last pic. The brace that ties the frame together, you welded, looks fairly simple piece to fab. or it is one from Xtreme? I heard they were working on something like that. Did you also weld plates on that area, it looks like it, seemed to concern me especially for motocrossers, the swing-arm area looks a little weak, or easily tweaked? All the stress load is from the outside from the swinger and usually a quad swinger is inside the frame rails.

do you sell the gusset kits if so how much
    freedome isnt free, every one pays

How much are the gusset kits?

Kenny at Monster Barn sells them. I believe he charges something like $150. for the gusset kit alone or $360. for the kit installed and frame powdercoated.

Monster Barn (574)656-8619