Thread: HELP lt80 major problems

HELP lt80 major problems

ok i have a 2005 lt 80 with dg pipe and boyson reeds with a 95 jet. my son was riding and it died i thought he blew it up but after inspection a wire fell off the circut breaker. well so i thought. i got it back going and i was riding it down the block to make sure everything was ok thats when it died when i was at top speed it almost feels like the cluches are stuck on ? is that possible? it would sit a couple min. then it would start up so i put it on a jack and reved it up and it would die and the wheels would almost stop insantly. then the starter would barly turn it over. i took the carb off to clean it and it was running ok but i but it back on the jack a couple min ago and it did the same thing. but know it wont turn over wheels will turn too spark plug out still nothing . i took the little cover off for the belt. and i cant get it to move. i think i need to take the whole side cover off and take the belt off to see if i can move it. sounds like a lot of work. if its locked up i will need a rebuiled any sugjestionsif it comes to this. i hope someone can help was soposed to race this weekend know my kids are upset. also have a lt50 is there any aftermarket suspension for it out there thanks
    Craig Miller

hey craig this is tom it sounds like your crank bearings are going out. pull that belt & see if the motor will turn over by hand good luck because it don't sound good
    Rider: Abbey #33
    Quad: DRR 90
    sponsors: WOLFPACK RACING & FLY RACING

Well, pulling the clutch cover and checking the clutchs shouldn't be that big of deal cuz you were going to make sure all that was good for the race,,right?! LMAO
    It sounds like the piston to me. I've never seen bearings go that bad on a running machine, but it could happen.
    Pull the top motor plastic off, then the head. I bet you'll see something wrong w/the piston.

We'll get ya going.
    Call if you need assistance.
    814-922-7470
    2000 GNC 5N\
    2001 GNC 9N \ 40+ class
    2004 GNC 9N /
    2014 rock crusher "GO tortoise GO!"
    2016 Byrd Rooster
    Father of the "11" time National champion,and worlds fastest woman ATV racer
    A few fast LT80's
    250R~300cc's
    300ex
    350 Rancher
    Kymco Mongoose
    Survivor of the 12 Hours of ATV America 04 and 05

the symptoms he has is are what happens when the crank bearings go out i've seen it happen more than one to even big bikes. when you let it set for a while the bearings cool enough to let the motor start again until they lockup again. so craig let us know what you find!??!?!?!!?!

He just called. Seems there is a question as to whether the injector works. It's an 05 model so piston or bearings "shouldn't" be the problem.
    The injector not working makes sence tho as it would effect both piston and bearings.
    We'll see soon.
    Tom, wouldn't you agree that if the oil was a problem that the piston would seize first?
    2000 GNC 5N\
    2001 GNC 9N \ 40+ class
    2004 GNC 9N /
    2014 rock crusher "GO tortoise GO!"
    2016 Byrd Rooster
    Father of the "11" time National champion,and worlds fastest woman ATV racer
    A few fast LT80's
    250R~300cc's
    300ex
    350 Rancher
    Kymco Mongoose
    Survivor of the 12 Hours of ATV America 04 and 05

holy piston batman

locked up took it all apart and had to beat the piston out the head. still think the crank bearings are bad they make a lot of noise. the oil pump was the problem. the pump gets stuck every couple turns. guess i should have eleminated it a long time ago. i always ment to but its all off the bike know.
    Craig Miller

bad news that sucks