Page 1 of 29 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Project: Frankenstein

Project: Frankenstein

I've asked quite a bit on here, but haven't really given much feedback. Well this is the thread for that. I've been working on the quad for a few months now, but money is tight so I'm getting parts as I get the money. The overview:

'01 300ex frame
    '88 RM250 powervalve motor
    400ex suspension
    400ex plastic
    '04 TRX450R -
    DASA Classic full exhast / CylinderWorks 97mm cylinder / Venom 12.25:1 piston / HotCams stg2 cam / K&N / Outerwears / Pro-Armor XC nerfs / TAG X5 bars / AC grab bar / Burgard +2 arms

Re: Project: Frankenstein

Frame after being gussetted up. Also with stock 400ex arms and spindles.

'04 TRX450R -
    DASA Classic full exhast / CylinderWorks 97mm cylinder / Venom 12.25:1 piston / HotCams stg2 cam / K&N / Outerwears / Pro-Armor XC nerfs / TAG X5 bars / AC grab bar / Burgard +2 arms

Re: Re: Project: Frankenstein

Gussetts

'04 TRX450R -

Re: Re: Re: Project: Frankenstein

Front hubs and brake setup added (thanks to Pistonbone), as well as 400ex steering stem. Also undercoated the arms.

'04 TRX450R -

Re: Re: Re: Re: Project: Frankenstein

Painted steering stem and partially painted the frame to see what it's going to look like.

'04 TRX450R -

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Project: Frankenstein

That's pretty much where I stand now. I'm waiting on my '88 RM250 bottom end to come in. It was supposed to have been shipped Wednesday. I'm also waiting on some 450R bars from brandon34r, a set of 400ex wheels from 200xer, and a parts lot from ebay.

Here's the bottom end -

The parts lot has footpegs, handlebar clamps, swingarm pivot bolt, and a few other parts.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...0815970&rd=1,1

I'm sure you guys realize by now this is going to be a budget build. I figured I could build a pretty nice quad like I wanted cheaper than buying a quad and fixing that way. So far with everything listed in this thread I have $394. Let me know what you guys think.
    '04 TRX450R -

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Project: Frankenstein

Also when the bottom end comes in I'm going to get it mocked up so I can get the frame fully painted. Then I'm going to get the frame in rolling form. Then rebuilding the motor. Lastly will be the plastics and left over stuff.

What do you guys think so far?
    '04 TRX450R -

looks good i like the blue
    #01-Tyler Dommel

-sponsors-

BURGARD CYCLE RACE TEAM

SPASTIC DESIGNS

FOX SHOCKS

RATH RACING

HIPER WHEELS

A.T.P RACING ENGINES

TRP

What color blue is that? I really like that color.

Originally posted by 300ex_#387
    What color blue is that? I really like that color.
    It's actually rattle can. I sprayed one coat of Krylon black. Then when it dried good I scuffed it up and sprayed Duplicolor Metalspeck blue over that.
    '04 TRX450R -

Page 1 of 29 12311 ... LastLast