Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: all 240 owners

all 240 owners

i am thinking really hard on buying a 240 kit from phantom racing. i was wondering how well they are. i want to know everything i need to know on them before i buy it, such as, what do i need besides the kit? do i need a bigger carb? what about reeds? do i need a stroker kit with it? and how well do they work in the woods? i ride fast trail riding? also can i use pump gas with it? your impute would help A LOT. thank you
    2006 yamaha special edition blaster
    -front end extention kit +3
    -full fmf sst series pipe with shorty silencer
    -twin air filter
    -moose racing bars
    -power madd hand gards
    -air box vents
    -front fenders shaved
    -blingstar iron cross bumper
    -u.m. air scoops
    -lightend flywheel

i would cheack out ct racing/trenga racing 240 kits. i wouldnt buy anythig from project blaster.
    White 06 YFZ Full HMF

2000 Yamaha Blaster
    LRD, UNI, Carbon tech, RAZR, DG, Durablue, twin row carrier,30mm oko, reed spacer, injecter block off....

Stock 1987 250x

why not i just spent 700 dollars in parts on my blaster from there
    '07 450ER:
    white brothers xc bumper, prm swinger skid, jetted, baffle removed

'98 Yamaha Blaster:
    Airsal firebreather 240 kit, Vitos 3mm stroker crank, Project blaster aluminum airbox, Project blaster intake, Keihin 35mm airstriker carb, Vitos timing degree key, Boyeson pro series reeds, F7 pipe and silencer, Uni air filter, Durablue +2 axle (stock now i broke it), Kenda Klaw rear tires, Douglas .190 rear wheels (now stock i bent them), oil injection block off kit, EBC heavy duty clutch kit, 13/38 gearing, billet clutch basket, lightened flywheel, Renthal works chain, Fly handlebars, Hellbound +3 swinger, nissin hydro brake kit, banshee front shocks (stock now i bent them) , works quadstar rear shock w/rezzie, DG National front bumper

coming soon:
    Maier race cut fenders
    Elka/Leager a arm and shock kit
    DG national series grab bar

I agree with Xater on this, The CT, Trenga 240 sonic kit is by far the best 240 kit you can buy. Very reliable and very fast! The phantom kit is actually a airsal kit. These kits are very good also, but the CT/Trenga kit is more powerful. The CT/Trenga kits come with everything you need, jug, head, pipe, reeds, intake (cr250), and carb. Hope this helps.

Mike

aren't the vitos and the ct the same except the ct comes with everything you need
    '07 450ER:

'98 Yamaha Blaster:
    Airsal firebreather 240 kit, Vitos 3mm stroker crank, Project blaster aluminum airbox, Project blaster intake, Keihin 35mm airstriker carb, Vitos timing degree key, Boyeson pro series reeds, F7 pipe and silencer, Uni air filter, Durablue +2 axle (stock now i broke it), Kenda Klaw rear tires, Douglas .190 rear wheels (now stock i bent them), oil injection block off kit, EBC heavy duty clutch kit, 13/38 gearing, billet clutch basket, lightened flywheel, Renthal works chain, Fly handlebars, Hellbound +3 swinger, nissin hydro brake kit, banshee front shocks (stock now i bent them) , works quadstar rear shock w/rezzie, DG National front bumper

coming soon:
    Maier race cut fenders

The vitos 240 is not even close to the quality or power of the CT/Trenga 240. We race a blaster in the national tt and my son has a airsal 200cc jug and a CT 200cc jug. We also have two of the CT 240 jugs and nothing can come close to the CT 240. My cousins son has a vitos 240 with 500.00 worth of porting and it runs good but still will not keep up with our CT 240. Hope this helps.

Mike

alright thanks now i have just got to come up with more money
    '07 450ER:

'98 Yamaha Blaster:

coming soon:
    Maier race cut fenders

does the trenga racing big bore kit come with the gaskets, piston, wrist pin, circlips and rings. not the one from ct racing that you can buy from trenga, but trenga's big bore kit
    '07 450ER:

'98 Yamaha Blaster:

coming soon:
    Maier race cut fenders

At 695.00 I'm sure that it does, but call to make sure. I would still save up some more money and buy a CT/Tenga Ultimate 240 Cyl/head. This jug has way more potential than the stock jug with a 240 sleeve. If your signature is correct you already have the carb and pipe along with a 3mm stroker this quad will be able to keep up with lightly modded 450's with no problem. Be patient and save your money, you'll be glad you did.

Mike

thanks Mike. my sig is correct i just haven't put them on cuz i am waiting for my carb and then i have to buy a 240 kit and rebuild my parts motor. so all of my parts are in my bedroom waiting to be put on
    '07 450ER:

'98 Yamaha Blaster:

coming soon:
    Maier race cut fenders

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast