Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Help with a slow wheelie?

Help with a slow wheelie?

Needless to say I havent rode sport atv's that long.

What is the best way to do a slow wheelie?

I've got it down to being in second gear, but do you snap the clutch or roll the clutch like on a sport bike? I know you gotta be past the center of gravity....

I've not been trying to wheelie much, just for the past week. I have got the high speed wheelie down pat i think............urg.........i can ride it about 2ft. off the ground until second gear winds out... but that doesnt look like all the vids people post. I wanna do what they do on the vids.
    06 400EX
    Pro Armor FatPegs
    Pro Armor MX front bumper
    HMF Slip On
    Black ITP rims
    ITP Holeshot HD's all the way around
    Jetted w/ 155 main and 38 pilot

start from a dead stop and pop the clutch and practice alot.
    Raptor 700 se ... http://www.imagestation.com/album/pictures.html?id=2108822103

if ur doing slow second gear wheelies then you could just get it to the balance point and feather the throttle

You have not once mentioned using or covering the brake. That is going to be the most important part or riding a wheelie. To ride a slow wheelie you need to bring the quad up past balance point and then bring the front end back down a little bit by feathering the rear brake. Using the brake will also save you from crashing a wheelie especially in a high speed one.

how is the rear brake more important than the throttle in a slow wheelie? if u so much as tap the rear brake in a really slow wheelie the front end will drop like a brick in case you havnt noticed and if u tap the grab bar then you fall 6 inches push the quad down and go play big deal

not if you are still in the same position you were when you were riding it, or you dont know the meaning of lightly tap, either way, just lightly press on the back brake and youll go down give it more throttle and your back to bp if you can get there
    2006 450er
    some holeshots with beadlocks, and pro tapers, get off me!

or just get it rite below the balance point and feather the throttle easier imo especially if u like to stand in the grab bar

the best way to do a slow wheelie is do it in first gear, put your left foot in the grab bar, right foot over the rear brake pedal. When you get the quad to the balance point, bring it just a little bit farther and lightly (LIGHTLY!) tap the rear brake and it will drop the front end just a little bit. and just keep doing this and you'll be doing them way slow, but once you get to where your quad is almost ready to stall out from going so slow thats when you start pulling in the clutch that way it doesn't die. But just practice and you'll get good over time. I can completely keep mine in one spot for about a second or two then start it back out, but you need to learn how to use your clutch in sequence with your gas and the rear brake.
    87 250r
    blue lakers front and rear, pro taper bars, p51 ishocks, esr trx5 centermount pipe&silencer, esr hanger, esr air box eliminator kit, esr shifter, vforce 3 reeds, 38mm air stryker, port/polish, bored, cr head gasket, ac racing nerfs, +2 +1 laegers, ims oversized tank, devol kicker.

thats beast

how slow do you want to go ? Rear brake IS more critical than any of the other controls....(as the second video will prove here...doing a slow wheelie with NO Throttle or Clutch....only rear brake and balance...with the idle turned up )

The first Video is Slower than Idle.....So it requires Throttle, Clutch and rear brake control...ALL being used simultaniously.

And Jokester has given the best advice so far as to how to launch them for a slow wheelie ....Practice will be the Key ! Enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzUOA8UDU3s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_2ykBPHR_M
    Peace Out

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast