Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: which grab bar makes decent wheelie bar?

which grab bar makes decent wheelie bar?

which grab bar woudl make a decent wheelie bar ... i dont want to get a stutn 12 bar but instead a grab bar to serve as a 12 bar...???

thanks

a xc bumper would probably work or a 6 pack rack if its strong enough

Stock... At least on most quads it is steel. You are not going to want to put a aluminum bar on there as it will grind right through it, if it doesn't just snap it off. Stock bars work suprisngly well if you don't slam down on them. Although they will wear out eventually.
    2006 GSXR-1000
    2006 CRF450X
    2006 CRF150F
    2005 CRF50
    2005 Extreme 107
    2003 Z-400 For Sale

I like prm grab bars... www.prm-atv.com I have the desert grab bar and mine has held up to alot of abuse and is not worn down that bad and never broke.
    Raptor 700 se ... http://www.imagestation.com/album/pictures.html?id=2108822103

ya these steal stock ones take so much abuse!! But mine is finally starting to get worn down from all the times I've draged it doing highway wheelies. so I've decided that instead of buying another one I'm going to just take my stock grab bar from a 250ex and weld it to the stock one on my 400ex, that way I have even more steel to go through
    87 250r
    blue lakers front and rear, pro taper bars, p51 ishocks, esr trx5 centermount pipe&silencer, esr hanger, esr air box eliminator kit, esr shifter, vforce 3 reeds, 38mm air stryker, port/polish, bored, cr head gasket, ac racing nerfs, +2 +1 laegers, ims oversized tank, devol kicker.

your best bet is to get someone to weld you a nice strong steel one.. just let them use your stock grab bar and go from there.. you can make it longer if you're having troubles getting your feet in the bar or shorten it if you like to have the quad real far back before you hit the bar..

oh and you can probably get them to weld you a couple for a good price..
    Thanks to my fans my name is an Anthem..

Live Life..Do one thing a day that scares you

Xbox360Live GamerTag = Upgrayed
    Playstation 3 GamerTag = U-p-g-r-a-y-e-d

+1 on the stock steel, i have a desert alum on my 700r and you have to set it on the bar pretty easy or it bends, cant really do any bartricks for a long period of time or you'll go right thru.

my 400's have steel stockers and you can slam back on them and grind away for quite awhile

cheap too

buudy of mine broke his stocker then made one at the shop out of stainless steel he has hit that thing a million times just make sure you upgrade to grade 8 bolts the stockers wont last

i made on for the blaster after i snapped stock and i reinforced the one on the z...
    2002 Blaster Project still underway.
    Black Cut Plasitcs, Red and Black A Arms, Black custom air scoops. Mikuni 38mm Carb, Hots rods 240cc stroker crank and vitos 240 cylinder =280CC total, Offset front rims black and rear black. ITP Holeshot, Renthal bars, LSR +1 steering stem. Toomey Air Filter. Toomey b1 pipe. Custom shorty silencer.

Soon to come: Elkas up front with rezzi. Works with rezzi for rear. +3, +1 a arms. +4 Axle.

2006 z400
    2002 xr50, big daddy takewaga 72 kit, fmf pipe, tb manual clutch, KN filter, head breather, blacks rims, d756s and more.
    2003 big bear 400 4X4
    2004 crf50 stunter and dirt

prm is a great choice....my standard prm is very beefy and works great
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast