Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Airstryker jetting??

Airstryker jetting??

Ok I havent been riding in a long time because of a new job, and the last mod I did to my R was a 38mm A/S. I never had a chance to correctly jet it with plug chops. Right now I am witha 52 pilot, ddj needle in the middle, and a 170 main. I went ridind this weekend, most tight trails, and ended up fouling two plugs in one day!!! I am afraid to drop the needle down a notch, even though the plugs are wet fouled. Do you guys think that this would be safe to ride again, until I can plug chop it from main down? thanks
    BTW I am running a 52 pilot cause with a 55, I was more than 3 turns out when tuning the idle-1/8 throttle. Thanks again

What bore and altitude?

Try a 50 pilot and a cel needle in the middle.
    I DONT HAVE A GOD COMPLEX I AM GOD!

BEER IS GOOD

blaster45 is a theif

altitude ranges from just over sea level to about 1700 ft if i had to guess, 66.5mm bore.
    I do not want to go lower on the pilot cause I actually just forgot to write that i think its a little lean in the pilot right now, When I apply the choke it doesnt die, it actully just starts to reve very high which makes me believe that its a little lean on the pilot. the air screw is about 1-1/4 turns out right now. I was sketchy to go to the cel needle because of the amount the it is leaner, plus just for now would I be ok dropping the needle to the 2nd clip? thanks.

im running an 38a/s with whatever pilot comes from esr. 182 main at 1800 feet,middle position on clip ,1.5 turns.very crisp..plug looks like coffee with cream.it has been ported. hope this helps
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2003 SUZUKI Z400 - +2 burgards 250r arms,front 450r revalves,gtthunder rear revalve and link,434 kit,hotcams,ferrea valves, dyna cdi,yoshi full system,flexx bars,powermadds,shamrock front,yellow label rear beadlocks,roll pegs,roll heel guards,400ex intake,450r tailight,190 fan switch,burgard swinger,rpm axle,250r rear caliper,anti-fade, kfx450 reverse thingy, it hauls and looks pretty too!!!

03 yamaha fz1 -*** rippin sport-tour bike

170 is pretty fat for a stock cylinder.I run a 170 on my 310 with a 50 pilot.Go to the 50 pilot and about 158-160 on the main.You may possibly have an air leak somewhere.

I was running up to a 165 in the winters with the stock carb, and I would not want to go leaner with the pilot because of the way it acts with the choke on. Also, if I had an air leak I would be running really lean, therefore not fouling plugs correct? Is this how I should be thinking or is it wrong? I know I should really do some plug chops, but I dont have a long enough stretch to actually do them around my house, and when I leave my house I'm pretty much gonna be riding. thanks again

Whats the engines compression.
    If your compression is low the engine cant burn the fuel.
    A 170 main shouldnt be to big for your engine if the compressions the right amount.
    Neil
    C-Leigh Racing Team
    In memory of Caraleigh Pritchard
    1979 - 1992

Team riders, 2017 Extreme Dirt Track
    # 25 450R Honda, Chuckie Creech, Pro, Pro Am, Pro Am Unlimited class
    # 25, 450R Honda, Andrea Creech, Womens class

I actually put a cr gasket in and the compression was about 185-190 ish when i first put it in. I wouldnt think it dropped much if any at all. I am still running 94 sunoco premium and shes not pinging at all.

I dont think Im too big on the main at all, would you guys recommend me drop the needle a notch and see? Or go to a whole new needle like a cel. I do have the stock needle, but there arent any letters on it just numbers. Anyone know what the stock needle is?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast