Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sound off! WORCS 2007

Sound off! WORCS 2007

Its only a few more weeks away.... !!

Im very excited to FINALLY meet sooo many riders that I havent met already from the Idaho round. I will be at each and every round this year. I will be shooting ALOT of photos, some of the Coverage, LIVE interviews and video(my Husband Troy will be covering alot of the video in-between for me ) some of the riders will also have some profiles Ill be posting as well.
    Im rather new to this and this has become such a HUGE series with so many classes,so bare with me as I will be trying to learn alot this year . I will do my best

I suspect this years entries are going to exceed last years

Best of luck to everyone at the opening Round
    For those who dont know-Round 1 will be once again held at Speedworld MX Park
    Heres a re-cap of last years Round 1 that Harlen done
    http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthre...hreadid=141910
    http://qjsimaging.com/

-2002 Duncan 440ex-
    Yoshimura full system,JE piston(12:1),Stage 2 Hot Cam,Port,polish, +3 Chrome Burgards AArms ,Elka Suspension -Triple rate front and Rear,GT Thunder Rev Box,,Pro Armour Nerfs,Burgard beadlock rears,Orange Fullbore,Chrome Tank cover,Candy Purple PC,Blingstar Dana Creech Bumper

2007 Suzuki LTR450
    FOX Shocks, JB Racing A-Arms, Silver Maier plastic, Quad Tech Seat Cover, BRM Offroad race numbers

2008 Raptor 250 BUILD IN PROGRESS!
    Thank you 2010 Sponsors
    and Contributers!!

Teixeira Tech,DWT, Fasstco Co., Maxima oils, Scott USA, Renthal, ODI, FLY Racing,Western Powersports, Promoto Billet, FOX Shocks,Maier Plastics,ODI,Rath Racing,ATV4-play
    ASV,Motoworks,QuadTech,Streamline,
    RockyMountain ATV,Powermadd,Les Schwab,QJ's Imaging

So What classes is everyone running this year?

My Daughter will be racing the new Shifter class, and my Son will race the 90 mod. Still havent decided on which motor in which chassis yet, seems like the Kasea has a little better suspention.
    My Husband Troy will be racing the +30A class,but will only be racing 4 rounds this year since he cant get much time off from work

Im still trying to figure out how Im getting up there.lol

We might be sharing a ride up or I may just drive myself up myself ,hopefully the roads will be good for such a very long drive

question....
    Can anyone tell me how far away the airport is from the track?
    My Husband is flying out and I have to drive there to pick him up unless its close enough for him to take a Cab. I do not know anyone from the area so were trying to find the best way to do this...
    Also, how far is the Days Inn in Surprise from the track?
    Im a total bag of nerves as we are STILL trying ti finish up my Daughters new race quad with NO seat time on it

-2002 Duncan 440ex-
    Yoshimura full system,JE piston(12:1),Stage 2 Hot Cam,Port,polish, +3 Chrome Burgards AArms ,Elka Suspension -Triple rate front and Rear,GT Thunder Rev Box,,Pro Armour Nerfs,Burgard beadlock rears,Orange Fullbore,Chrome Tank cover,Candy Purple PC,Blingstar Dana Creech Bumper

2007 Suzuki LTR450
    FOX Shocks, JB Racing A-Arms, Silver Maier plastic, Quad Tech Seat Cover, BRM Offroad race numbers

Thank you 2010 Sponsors
    and Contributers!!

Teixeira Tech,DWT, Fasstco Co., Maxima oils, Scott USA, Renthal, ODI, FLY Racing,Western Powersports, Promoto Billet, FOX Shocks,Maier Plastics,ODI,Rath Racing,ATV4-play

I'll be racing Open A, and Pro-Am(If qualified, of course, hopefully my Pismo results can be reobtained)

The drive will be pretty nice, it will be two lane highway from Wells to Vegas, Vegas will be the worst of the drive.....because it's Vegas. Vegas to Needles will be four lane highway, and your route will vary from there.

Sky Harbor is about 40 miles from Speedworld, depending on the time of day, it won't be to bad of a drive, maybe a bit of traffic, but not all that bad.

Whats the address to the motel, all I need is the addy, and i'll be able to hook you up on the distance, and the drive.
    Chance Mayfield #171
    Team Money$hot
    Team ILBT2
    2001 Cannondale FX470
    2002 Cannondale Blaze 450
    WORCS Open A/Pro-Am

2009 Sponsors:
    S&S Motorsports, Blackwidow ATV, HiPer Technology, Amsoil, Fasst Company, ODI Grips, Powermadd, ASV Inventions, Regina USA, Four Racing, SixSixOne, ScottUSA, Gaerne Boots, Skorbordz, ProClean1000, RB Components, GoPro

Originally posted by CannondaleRider
    I'll be racing Open A, and Pro-Am(If qualified, of course, hopefully my Pismo results can be reobtained)

The drive will be pretty nice, it will be two lane highway from Wells to Vegas, Vegas will be the worst of the drive.....because it's Vegas. Vegas to Needles will be four lane highway, and your route will vary from there.

Sky Harbor is about 40 miles from Speedworld, depending on the time of day, it won't be to bad of a drive, maybe a bit of traffic, but not all that bad.

Whats the address to the motel, all I need is the addy, and i'll be able to hook you up on the distance, and the drive.
    thanks alot for the info, My Husband may run ProAm as well if he will qualify.Wouldnt this be a better way to get there for us?
    more miles.but less hours to get there .That should shave off some time driving
    http://www.mapquest.com/directions/m...&2s=az&2z=&r=f
    This is the other route,but its almost 4 hours longer
    http://www.mapquest.com/directions/m...&2s=az&2z=&r=s

Heres the Address
    Days Inn
    12477 W. Bell Rd, Surprise, Az; 85374

-2002 Duncan 440ex-

2007 Suzuki LTR450

Thank you 2010 Sponsors
    and Contributers!!

As far as I know only Production A, Open A, and Stock A qualifies for the Pro-Am. So 30+A won't allow him to run Pro-Am

Definitely take the "Shorter Miles - More Hours" route. Going around through Flagstaff down the I-17 will take MUCH longer then just going straight through Vegas, over the Hoover Dam, down through Kingman and Wickenburg, and straight to the track(Let me know what size vehicle you'll be driving, depending on the size, if you have a trailer, you may need to take a modified route to miss the Dam)

Remember, after you go through Wickenburg, you only have about 20 miles of driving on the 60 to get to the track(Right on Patton, then directly left on 195th down to Jomax, or just Right on Jomax farther east on the 60)...your not actually traveling to Phoenix, which is another hour and a half farther east. So, with the "Longer - less hours" route, you would actually be backtracking, along with dealing with the bull**** of coming down the 17, and making your way through Phoenix city bull****.

Also, check out the map and plan your route through Nevada. Where Mapquest shows you staying on the 93 most of the way, which loops around a little bit, if you jump on the 6 out of Ely, then take a left on the 318, you can take the 318/38 all the way down to the end of the 93 loop, which will shave off some time and miles, because it is much straighter.

The hotel is only about 15 miles or so from the track. From the track, you exit East on Jomax, take that for about half a mile, then get on Grand Ave./60 going Southeast, take that all the way to Bell Rd., take a left on Bell, east to your address.

Let me know if you need any more details on directions.
    Chance Mayfield #171
    Team Money$hot
    Team ILBT2
    2001 Cannondale FX470
    WORCS Open A/Pro-Am

2009 Sponsors:
    S&S Motorsports, Blackwidow ATV, HiPer Technology, Amsoil, Fasst Company, ODI Grips, Powermadd, ASV Inventions, Regina USA, Four Racing, SixSixOne, ScottUSA, Gaerne Boots, Skorbordz, ProClean1000, RB Components, GoPro

Originally posted by CannondaleRider
    As far as I know only Production A, Open A, and Stock A qualifies for the Pro-Am. So 30+A won't allow him to run Pro-Am
    Actually he qualified the year prior but didnt race it cause he lost all brakes Things might be dif. now but he did qualify prior.

He may run both classes,hes still up in the air on that,but wont be racing all rounds.

thanks on all the info, I do appreciate that!

-2002 Duncan 440ex-

2007 Suzuki LTR450

Thank you 2010 Sponsors
    and Contributers!!

Is there an airport closer to where the track is that he should maybe flyin instead of Phoenix?
    I didnt realize it was that far from where we will be staying

-2002 Duncan 440ex-

2007 Suzuki LTR450

Thank you 2010 Sponsors
    and Contributers!!

From the WORCS Website:

Prod A, Stock A, Open A RIDERS WHO QUALIFY DURING SATURDAY EVENTS TO RIDE IN THE MAIN PRO RACE

Must be WORCS Member. Qualifying will be as follows: a total of twenty riders will qualify from the A classes during Saturday's events. Top twelve (12) Overall A riders from race #3 (Prod A, Stock A) and top eight (8) Overall A riders from race #6 (Open A). Which class an A rider competes in is irrelevant; qualifying is based on overall finish in races stated above. If a qualified A rider passes on riding the the Pro-Am class on Sunday, the only riders eligible to fill the position will be first the current top ten in points in Pro-AM and second A Class Champions from any prior racing season. Registration for the Pro-Am class closes at 10:00am Sunday.

As far as airports go, I don't know of any airport that is closer that it would be possible to fly into....theres airports everywhere around there...but none that big.
    Chance Mayfield #171
    Team Money$hot
    Team ILBT2
    2001 Cannondale FX470
    WORCS Open A/Pro-Am

2009 Sponsors:

I thought this was cool for the kids !!!

WORCS ATV Kids

WORCS KIDS 2007

We are adding a younger WORCS Kids program to our exciting schedule this year, WORCS MINIS. Arts and Craft for the little ones. Sherry Lanza will be heading this up with Lisa Tremaine helping her. Sherry has set up a schedule that has workshops for moms as well. Please see schedule below!!

*Details for each event will be posted on the news section before each race..... questions, please call us at 435-635-1597.

WORCS KIDS SCHEDULE

RND 1- PHOENIX, AZ- SCAVENGER HUNT

RND 2- VICTORVILLE, CA- VALENTINE'S FOOT RELAYS

RND 3- LAKE HAVASU CITY, AZ- JELLO WRESTLING

RND 4- PAYETTE, ID- PAYETTE HOSPITAL VISIT- GIVING BACK TO THE COMMUNITY

RND 5- MILFORD, CA- LASER TAG AND GHOST STORIES AROUND THE CAMPFIRE

RND 6- TBA, CA- FAMILY RELAYS

RND 7- WASHOUGAL, WA- MOVIES AND SUNDAYS

RND 8- OLYMPIA, WA- PRO CLINIC

RND 9- MONTICELLO, UT- TALENT SHOW

RND 10- ANZA, CA- TUG OF WAR/ BALLOON FIGHT

RND 11- SAN LUIS OBISPO, CA- BEACH VOLLEYBALL TOURNEY

RND 12- TAFT, CA- EOY YEAR BOOK SIGNING

MINI WORCS KIDS AND MOMS CLINICS

RND 1- RELAY RACES

RND2- SCRAPBOOKING FOR MOMS

RND 3- SHAMROCK SHENANIGANS (UNDER THE GREEN TENT)

RND 4- EASTER EGG HUNT

RND 5- SIMON SAYS

RND 6- SCOREKEEPING FOR MOM (COME AND LEARN HOW WE DO IT)

RND 7- MOVIES AND SUNDAYS

RND 8- SCAVENGER HUNT

RND 9- Talent Show

RND 10- SCRAPBOOKING CLINIC FOR MOMS

RND 11- HELIUM STICK CHALLENGE, CAMPFIRE WITH S'MORES

RND 12- EOY YEARBOOK SIGNING

-2002 Duncan 440ex-

2007 Suzuki LTR450

Thank you 2010 Sponsors
    and Contributers!!

Posted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 8:23 pm Post subject: final revised schedule as of today 01/10/07 Reply with quote
    additional round to be held at riverdale I worked on this for a couple of months
    bikes june 8th,9th,10th
    quads june 15th,16th,17th
    bikes at washugal have been canceled

the may race tba is being held at ZACA CALIFORNIA which I believe is 75 miles south of Taft

the taft race is being moved back one week to nov 9th,10,11th which is to be the final.

There is a but to the final race.
    All Worcs Member riders, not families or day riders only active members at the first round Pheonix will vote on whether they want to do 10 rounds or 9 rounds, if they vote on 10 rounds then the final will be at taft, if they vote on 9 rounds then the final will be at Pismo. / I found this on quadsonly.com, posted by Bob Latimer. This puts 6 of 10 (maybe 5 of 9) rounds in the PST zone.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast