Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: freestyle ramp plans

scott maybe had borrowed a quad but not that i know of. possible.. oh well.. anyway yeah it is pretty sweet to have this going on so close.. he throws a hell of a show ! i only live like 15 minutes from his place so...

SICKAIRFMX.COM

anyone got some wood ramp plans that you could build pretty easily. Me and my friend are working on a winter project and this would be great!
    -2006 yfz 450 Elka/Wicked/GTT/Kenda/Yoshimura
    -03 blaster- In the last 4 years of owning it has ran good for about a week.

Wanna ride and live in MN. PM me.

Lookin for some freeride specs... any one got em?

ok i have the money now i need the plans. im ready to build. i have some dimensions. but im looking for pics of the ramp and good dimensions.. anyone?

looking for ramp builder on the east coast.
    www.sponsorhouse.loopd.com/Members/783woodside

www.myspace.com/casey_fudd

Here is everything you should need for a plain jane stantionary ramp, or very close to.

Materials:
    3 sheets of 14g, sheet metal

6 sheets of 9g, raised expanded

14 sticks of 2" square tubing, 1/8" thick

Note: The sheet metal is only used for under the tires to save cost. Also If you use 1.5"x1.5" square tubing instead of 2"x2" on all of the horizontal beams under the sheet metal and raised expanded steel and use the same gauge they may bend a little. Go a little thicker or just put in more of them closer together.
    Spencer V.

~Steel MX Optics~

www.freestylecomps.com
    ...Beyond a Lifestyle...

Steel should cost around 1200-1400 depending on where you go and what day it is. If you do everything yourself except getting the rails bent (100 for both) It should be no more then 1600-1700.
    Spencer V.

~Steel MX Optics~

www.freestylecomps.com
    ...Beyond a Lifestyle...

I've built one of the Aussie Comp ramps. Customer was very happy with it and how it performed. The $1500 to $1700 price range is pretty close to the price of a very simple nothing extra ramp. The rolling of the radius on the main rails takes a really fancy bender. It is not "bent" but "rolled". I have to pay someone to do that part and only one or two people in town can do it. I'm about to start building a match to the latest ramp the bomb squad is using. Been told it feels better than the Aussie ramp. No one can seem to find any kinds of plans on it or who built it about ten years ago. Think it was maybe a bike ramp.
    Warren Jordan
    3rd Generation Customs
    Welding and Fab.
    Memphis TN
    901-351-0253

kinda bein cheap here i usually just go to a gravel pit and carve my own dirt jumps and hit them til there flat but has anyone made a wood ramp for quad. iv seen pics of guys doin them on bikes but a quad is gonna have a lot more force would anyone even bother with a wood ramp?
    2006 LTR 450
    Used to have a 440ex money pit. Got a real race quad now

i need some help

ok im new to the forum and just started riding like 5 months ago. i need some help with jumps i need to know how high i should have ramps and landings i can hit a 25 foot little double its like a 3 foot take off to a step up landing i wanna go bigger....help
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast