Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: freestyle ramp plans

ok i guess the IMG tags didn't work.... but anyways thats the pics from just ONE thread out of 67 from when i searched ramp plans so you can imagine how many there actually are.

Rootar is offline .........................
    DO NOT BUILD that 5 foot ramp Pharit posted that is my ramp or was my ramp i had to cut it up and make it longer becasue the curve was to abrupt at the begining you would frame out ON the ramp which is bad trust me i found out the hard way

here are some fullsize plans that are made just for QUADS the first part is alot mellower and your less likely to frame out on this ramp than a dirt bike ramp this ramp sweet spot should be right at 65-75 and you'll be UP THERE the flat on top is used to keep the back end from kicking up like a continous radius ramp such as an aussie comp.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Ross

If someone could post some detial on how to bend/cut and weld the radius that would be great...

Thanks

what material do yall reccommend for building a ramp
    99' 406ex
    Elka/Renthal/Kenda
    06' LTR450
    Maxxis/Flexx/AC

Originally posted by user101
    what material do yall reccommend for building a ramp
    2x2 steel tubing for the frame

and expanded metal for the face....
    2006 YFZ 450

08' Sponsor's
    KansasPowerSports.com
    Hydro Dynamics/I-Shock
    LBZ Riding Gear
    Kicker Car Audio
    Extreme cycle
    Laker Custom Plastic
    Lawrence Yamaha

I'll try to make a Solidworks 3-D model of this. With all the specs. Does anyone have a method of converting solidworks to one of the more conventional forms of 3-D graphic programs? Anyone know a method of doing so?
    '08 KX250F
    '92 KX125
    1997 Yamaha Blaster (XC) DT200 Liquid cooled swap/Long travel IN PROGRESS

what about a backflip ramp? looking to do it this summer.. anyone know?

wow lol, ive heard this so many times. make sure you get it on video, and post it if you do actually try.

im no expert on flipping, but i think they just use the normal ramps that they hit. just get LOTS and LOTS of practice in a foam pit before you even think about trying it to dirt.
    "It's better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool, than to open it and remove all doubt"

yeah i have heard of guys doing them on just regular ramps but i didnt know if there was a better beginner ramp haha.. and i dont think scott murray has done a backflip on a quad.. just bikes. i have witnessed the flips first hand and they are awesome. the double is just amazing.

i forget where i heard this, so dont quote me on it, but i remember someone somewhere saying that scott murray went out and bought a stock 450r and flipped it in like a couple days. i might have heard that on the akraix forums, i forget.

you live in the upper peninsula, so i take it you've been at scott murray's place? that would be sweet. i dont think there is any freestyle goin on within 500 miles of me.
    "It's better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool, than to open it and remove all doubt"

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast