Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Speed of the trx90

Smile Speed of the trx90

how fast does it go??

If all stock probably around 35-40 mph.

stock with the 4th gear speed regulator in place, top speed is regulated by the cpsc to be 23 mph.

I JUST BOUGHT A 2007, AND IT IS EASILY FASTER THAN 23MPH. IT IS ABOUT AS FAST AS THE PREDATOR 90 WAS.

all 90 cc quads are regulated by the cpsc to have a top speed of 23 mph. If you remove resrtictor plates, cut pink wires, or make any mods they will go way faster, but the cpsc mandate is 23 mph.

THAT'S JUST NOT TRUE. I HAVE DONE NO MODIFICATIONS TO THE TRX90, AND IT IS FASTER THAN 23MPH. LIKEWISE, I HAD A STOCK PREDATOR 90 THAT WAS FASTER THAN 23MPH. CUTTING THE PINK WIRE (WHICH I HAVE NOT DONE) IS SUPPOSED TO BYPASS THE REV LIMITER IN 4TH GEAR, BUT THIS QUAD IS ALREADY FASTER THAN 23MPH IN THIRD GEAR.

I SPOKE TO RON MATTHEWS WITH THE CONSUMER SAFETY COMMISSION AND HE SAYS THERE IS NO LIMIT MANDATED BY THE CPSC, THEY JUST HAVE NO CONTROL OVER MANUFACTURER'S, THEY ARE A NON PROFIT GOVERNMENT ORGANIZATION DESIGNED FOR CONSUMER AWARENESS ON DANGEROUS ITEMS IN THE MARKETPLACE.

I WORKED FOR A HONDA/POLARIS DEALER FOR MANY YEARS, BOTH SALES AND F&I, AND I CAN TELL YOU, WE HAD A POLICY IN PLACE THAT WE WOULD NOT SELL A YOUTH ATV TO SOMEONE THAT SAID IT WOULD BE FOR A CHILD UNDER THE RECOMMENDED AGE. IN EVERY CASE, IT DID NOT STOP THE PEOPLE FROM BUYING IT, THEY JUST WENT TO ANOTHER DEALER AND KEPT THEIR MOUTH SHUT ABOUT THEIR KIDS.

I'M ALL FOR CONSUMER SAFETY, BUT NO ORGANIZATION CAN MANDATE LIMITS TO THESE MACHINES. LOOK AT BOMBARDIER(CAN AM NOW), THEY DIDN'T LIKE THE "RULES" THAT THE CONSUMER SAFETY COMMISSION HAD, SO THEY DIDN'T ABIDE BY THEM, AND CONSEQUENTLY RELEASED THE FIRST TWO UP ATV ON THE MARKET AT A TIME WHEN RIDING TWO UP WAS REALLY FROWNED UPON, AND URGENTLY WARNED AGAINST (STILL IS).

The big manufacturers do follow cpsc guidelines, it makes for good PR, the knockoffs/offbrand are hit and miss. Some have rev limiters, some don't. As far as the 23mph limit, I've never heard of that, sounds really slow for a 90. more like a 50's speed. Please turn your caps off, it looks like your yelling
    Brandon Waltz #11

Big thanks to Tittle Brothers Racing, RC Motorsports, RK Chains, SixSixOne and WeaponMX.

Brandon's Sponsorhouse

When we first got our 06 Honda with the pink wire cut it would run 43 mph. Fact! Now some mini engines are better out of the box then others,yours may very. This is a bone stock engine.

Now with a little work to the still 90cc engine it will go 50mph. And that is pinned.
    Michael Mussi Jr #838
    07 Honda 300ex Tricked out
    2 Time GNCC National Champion
    Special Thanks to Hetrick Racing,Demotto Honda & Yamaha, Elza's cycle and atv's, Muffler,Brakes and More, K&K Customs. Teter Automotive,Engine Builder Don Sturdivant.
    The money spent on Michael's quads seem's like a million bucks.
    The smile on his face after winning the race WORTH IT !!!!

This pink wire that you guys talk about where is it? Our 2005 trx90 goes 25. And the engine isn't even hitting high rpms. If you cut the wire will it give it a better chance of blowing up?
    2001 Honda 400ex
    440 Kit
    12.5:1 Piston
    110 Octane Leaded (VP107)
    Hot Cam Stage 2
    Port and Polished
    Pro-Circuit T-4 Full Exhaust
    Heavy Duty Cam Chain
    K&N Air Filter with pre-filter
    Outwear Air Box Cover

Iv'e never actually did a speed test but 25 seems to slow. is the snorkle cap removed? take off the seat and at the front of the air box there is a cap that just pulls off, its on the air box cover or lid. can you give a little more info on youre 90. things you have checked or not checked. being an 05 im guessing you bought it used. buy a honda service manual on ebay for 35 bucks or so. it has a trouble shooting guide. i check these forums almost everyday i'll try to help if i can.
    06 700r raptor, 05 250 recon, ,07 trx90/hetrick pipe, pw 80 yamaha,07 xtreme125 typhoon with evos 140 motor, thanks to wife for posting pics!!!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast