Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: pipe suggestions

pipe suggestions

1 I am having a hard time decide which pipe, how is the white bros r4, i am lookin for good all around power. any suggestions.

2 any suggestions on any other quick mods, i have a kn filter, and i am going to jet to whatever pipe i get, and also get a 14 tooth sprocket and modify airbox, any other quick mods i can do???

thanx

Well there are alot of little things you can do.

1. adjust your throttle cable to remove the factory slack

2. remove your head pipe and grind down the HUGE factory welds until they are smooth.

3. get an outer ware for your K&N and take the lid off your air box.

4. Remove the choke off the carb and grind down the little fins behind the choke butterfly.(increases the air flow and smooths it)

5. Depending on what pipe you go with re-jet the main, and when you remove the choke increase the pilot jet to at least a 42.

6. Remove your parking brake all together, and put a nice new block off plate in its place.

7. Buy a hotter plug than stock, stick with NGK.(I think the # is DPR9Z)

8. Put SYNTHETIC oil in it.(Mobile One 15-50)

None of the stuff I listed will cost much, and if you ask most people have probably done all of this.

As for the pipe, a friend of mine has the R4. It does not sound to bad, kind of quiet. At least it is quiet compared to my e-series with 18 discs on it. As far as performance I think it might be a toss up.:devil
    2002 YELLOW 400ex, sparks advance key, white brothers e-series slip on, K&N filter, outerwear,and dyno jet kit, grinded down stock head pipe, removed choke, smoothed out carb, 42 piolt, 165 main, splitfire plug, and running 15-50 mobil one SYNTHETIC oil with no problems

thanx bro i appreciate the info, i just bought the bike last bonth

Not a problem, hope it helped
    2002 YELLOW 400ex, sparks advance key, white brothers e-series slip on, K&N filter, outerwear,and dyno jet kit, grinded down stock head pipe, removed choke, smoothed out carb, 42 piolt, 165 main, splitfire plug, and running 15-50 mobil one SYNTHETIC oil with no problems

I had a WB R4 and it was a great pipe. Built great low end, good mid and minimal top. I liked it much better than the E-Series.
    Freakystone (EXriders Legend)
    - Making a comeback -

2008 Tundra 4x4 Limited
    2009 Porsche Cayenne GTS

freaky did u have the r4 on a honda or the suzuki?

I had it on a 2001 400EX...
    - Making a comeback -

2008 Tundra 4x4 Limited
    2009 Porsche Cayenne GTS

how loud is it in comparison to the e series?

by the way how do u like the Z400??

I had an E Series on a Mojave. They were both about the same in terms of noise. I liked the R4 better. If you go with the E, the more discs make more top end. I would dial back on the discs.

The Z is nice. Like a 400EX with reverse. I am picking up a C Dale Speed very soon to add to my collection.
    - Making a comeback -

2008 Tundra 4x4 Limited
    2009 Porsche Cayenne GTS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast