Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: ATVriders.com Polaris Outlaw 525 Test Ride - Mojave, CA

Originally posted by wolffie
    any word on how Polaris will be representing the motocross industry? perhaps a 450 with a ktm engine...
    Not that I've heard of, I think Polaris is smart to go after the woods crowd first since MX is such a very small margin of their sales.
    Jeff Stoess
    Team GATEWAY KORHS
    Kawasaki KX450F

I agree with Jeff. I was PO'd at first site of the Outlaw. I thought Polaris should have given us a new Predator- We've been screaming for a long time. Let's hope the 525 Outlaw will be a turning point for Polaris.

I didn't say that, I was exteremly excited when I heard that Polaris had developed an IRS quad. I have been wishing for that for 17 years.
    When I tested the 500, I loved it. My only changes that I wanted to see made to make it a pro level quad was to drop some weight and give it a more race motor. I think that the 500 is still the better trail quad for amateur riders and amateur racers. But the 525 is going to fill the gap for the advanced and racer people.
    Jeff Stoess
    Team GATEWAY KORHS
    Kawasaki KX450F

I hope that Polaris gets a rider that actually likes the Outlaw and doesn't just do it for money. Smiley was a joke. You can't tell everyone good IRS is and then switch back to the Pred 2 races later. I guess the joke was on him anyways becasue he still didn't do well anyways. Maybe he just didn't care since he didn't want to be on the Polaris at all.

It was likely tough essentially being the test rider for the Outlaw from Pro Row. I think Matt genuinely thought the Outlaw would be great in the PM GNCC races and it seems that neither him or Polaris gave it enough of a chance. Smiley made everyone believe in the Predator in 2005.

Polaris is in the right place marketing the Outlaw at the GNCC. In a perfect world they should have a Pro GNCC Team with a couple riders to prove that this quad is the real deal. Maybe they can do something jointly with the KTM team when they have their quad this summer.

Obviously the Outlaw is a great quad in the hands of 85% of us XC racers. To get A or Pro riders to believe in it, Polaris will have to try and prove it is competitive at the highest level.
    '05 XC/GNCC Predator 500, Hipers, I-Razrs

Play Hard - Live Hard - Ride Hard

Not that I've heard of, I think Polaris is smart to go after the woods crowd first since MX is such a very small margin of their sales.

Hes agreeing with what you said here/\/\/\, he said he was pissed at first, at the outlaw vs a mx quad. I still think they need to commit to an mx platform cause that seems to be the only way the aftermarket opens up.

Oh I see, thanks for clearing that up.
    Jeff Stoess
    Team GATEWAY KORHS
    Kawasaki KX450F

I whis they would get more into desert racing

Did you know that Polaris has a contingency for the Baja 1000?
    For anyone that wins the quad overall will receive $25,000 from Polaris.
    Jeff Stoess
    Team GATEWAY KORHS
    Kawasaki KX450F

I think that it is funny the dirt wheels rode one at the last gncc and then wrote in the mag that it isn't a night and day difference in power. That is totally different from what everybody else says. If it would have been a Yamaha they would have said it was best thing since the wheel was invented.

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast