Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: ATVriders.com Polaris Outlaw 525 Test Ride - Mojave, CA

Yes, it is a big difference. I guess its like comparing a 400ex to an uncorked 450R in the power difference.
    Jeff Stoess
    Team GATEWAY KORHS
    Kawasaki KX450F

This is looking like the hottest ticket for XC racing. I currently race a Predator that has been a very reliable and good racer for 2 years. Not one DNF in that time. Polaris has proven to me that their quads can stand up to the abuse of racing and perform well. I hear the same from other serious people who race the Predator or Outlaw.

As I look to purchase a new XC quad, I have to say that I will likely be on an Outlaw 525 (or KTM 525...). Everything about this quad seems to be perfect for the typical XC racer.

Thanks for the informative review.
    '05 XC/GNCC Predator 500, Hipers, I-Razrs

Play Hard - Live Hard - Ride Hard

Originally posted by PlayHard
    This is looking like the hottest ticket for XC racing. I currently race a Predator that has been a very reliable and good racer for 2 years. Not one DNF in that time. Polaris has proven to me that their quads can stand up to the abuse of racing and perform well. I hear the same from other serious people who race the Predator or Outlaw.
    My Predator has performed flawlesly also.

After hearing about the power it has. I hope to run it stock unless Polaris has the pipe available for a cheap price.

I can't wait to run it through a long section of whoops, when I test rode the 500 outlaw it seemed very unpredictable. It sounds the like the 525 stays right on track with the rear following perfectly.

How is the intake setup?
    Is the reverse lever easy to use?
    1989 trx250r-few mods
    1998 500 scrambler-wifes
    2007 Kymco 250 Mongoose-mydaughter
    2007 250ex-my boys
    1986 ATC250r Project

The intake is a new design, I didn't look at it too hard to be able to explain the difference.
    The reverse is the same as the 500.
    Jeff Stoess
    Team GATEWAY KORHS
    Kawasaki KX450F

The sooner they get here the happier I will be. I have a race on Jan28, I hope they get here too CA by then.

I was told that we wouldn't see them until late Feb or March or so........... what have you heard from your local dealer?
    If Speed Kills! It Kills Boredom!!
    2005 Sportsman 500 H.O. 4x4
    2005 Predator 500

Originally posted by Northstar Wolf
    I was told that we wouldn't see them until late Feb or March or so........... what have you heard from your local dealer?
    Well with race season starting in March, I would hope they will be out at least a month before. I know my dealer shows a January shipping.

sounds to me like Polaris took the strong points of the Pred and Outlaw and eliminated all the weaknesses! this machine sounds pretty wicked for trail ridining and gncc racing, but how do you think this thing will fair on an mx course?

i think the biggest thing i am happy about is the reduced weight. polair riders take so much flak from the other 450 riders because of how much weight the pred and outlaw are taughting around. the 525 ktm engine doesnt hurt either
    ~2008 YFZ~
    Pro Armor, Houser, Maxxis, Streamline

#621 WNYOA Harescramble Series
    www.wnyoa.net

Sponsors: Steel MX, Weapon MX, WolffRacing

www.steelmx.com
    www.weaponmx.com

One good thing a lot of the stuff I have on my Outlaw will bolt on to the 525.

rim issue

Was wondering if there has been any more about wear on the rear rims... I know there was a lot of talk about problems on the 500. Just hoping I won't have to get new rims right off the bat... although beadlocks are in the future.... thanks...
    400EX+, 11:1 piston, Hotcam Stage II , K&N w/Outer Wear no lid, Dyna-jet stage 2 w/165 main, Port & Flow, BIG GUN rev limiter, 14t (for sand) 13 tooth (for woods) front 38t rear, Renthal Bars, Barnett clutch, Twist throttle, PEP damper, Full Skid and A-Arm shields, Air Scoops, Shock Wears, HeetSeeker temp Gauge in Oil Tank, A/T 489 23x8x10 & Trailbreakers 22x12.5x8 for Trails, Geko and Shark fins for the sand, Rear brake block off, 42 pilot jet. Installed a 1.5 ton winch.... no more getting stuck ... OH and the Choke fell out....and I added a tether
    Never Forget (343) 09.11.01

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast