Thread: Rath Sway Bar Installation

Rath Sway Bar Installation

Can anyone show me some pics of a rath sway bar installed on a Honda 450R? I just got it and never used one and it didnt come with any type of installation instructions. Any advice or just some close up pics would help. Thanks
    2008 KTM 525XC

heres my 04 450R with a Rath swaybar. any questions just ask.

Patrick
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Thank you to my sponsors:
    75 Designs, Rath Racing, FLY Racing, Fourwerx, Hinson, CP Pistons, Hoosier Tire, Atlas Brace, X Brand Goggles, Pivot Works, Motorex, H&H ATV, RynoPower, PRP

heres a more recent pic with the swaybar turned backwards.

Patrick
    Attached Images Attached Images
    75 Designs, Rath Racing, FLY Racing, Fourwerx, Hinson, CP Pistons, Hoosier Tire, Atlas Brace, X Brand Goggles, Pivot Works, Motorex, H&H ATV, RynoPower, PRP

Would you mind getting some close ups? Also what does turning it backwards do? Or nothing just give you room up front?
    2008 KTM 525XC

i can get closeups sometime soon. i need to borrow a better camera. flipping it backwards gave me more room around my resevoirs on the front shocks. the adjustments still work the same. i just had to grind off the brackets for the stock front brakeline 'T'. depending on your shock/a-arms setup, i would run it forwards.

patrick

Originally posted by patrickj75
    i can get closeups sometime soon. i need to borrow a better camera. flipping it backwards gave me more room around my resevoirs on the front shocks. the adjustments still work the same. i just had to grind off the brackets for the stock front brakeline 'T'. depending on your shock/a-arms setup, i would run it forwards.

patrick
    So basically I just hook the brackets for the bar to the frame behind the bumper then the heim deals to my arms? I have JB TT arms so there is a spot for the sway bar. I think I have an idea - I zoomed in on your pics. I just don't want to put it on wrong!
    2008 KTM 525XC

i think your a-arms have tabs down by the bottom of your shocks? if so, mount your struts down there and yes, mount the bar to the upper a-arm bolts right behind the bumper. if you have access to some scales, set up the swaybar so you have equal weight on both front tires.

Patrick

Originally posted by patrickj75
    i think your a-arms have tabs down by the bottom of your shocks? if so, mount your struts down there and yes, mount the bar to the upper a-arm bolts right behind the bumper. if you have access to some scales, set up the swaybar so you have equal weight on both front tires.

Patrick
    Yeah I have tabs by the shocks -

How do you adjust the weight to each tire

Sorry for so many questions this is the first swaybar I have owned! And thanks for your help!
    2008 KTM 525XC

you loosen up the jam nuts on the heim joints and turn the strut until the weight is the same. if you have questions here's my number 763-439-1289.

patrick