Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tire ?

Tire ?

I was thinking of getting some new tires for my KQ. I ride trails alot, ride in snow alot(ice fishing) and would like the tire to still be somewhat decent in the mud. I was thinking of trying the 28" High Lifter Outlaws MST. Just wondering if anyone had any input on these tires or maybe some other ones to look into. THanks.
    2005 Suzuki King Quad 700

I was also considering the Maxxis Bighorns but I heard they dont work to well in the mud.

well i dont think you need to go as big as 28s, I have 27s on mine and they rub everyonce in a while. I would suggest 27's at the most, and for trail ridding and the condittions you said you ride in, a good set of 26s would do fine, get the outlaws in 26s and let me knoe how they are.
    here is a pic of mine with 27 excavtors
    Attached Images Attached Images
    brad
    2006 Suzuki King Quad 700Efi 4x4- warn winch, powermadd hand guards, suzuki shock covers, soon to come HMF pipe, and dobeck tfi controller

1997 trx 300ex
    tag x-5 quad bend, maier xc pro handguards, polished dg alloy series nerf bars, 14t front sprocket, polished armidillo out n'back rack, armidillo swingarm skidplate, polished wb e-series works header, red hmf slip-on pipe, K&N power up kit, red gas cap vent hose, prm summit bumper, prm a arm skids, maier kill tether, utah sport cycle engine skid, titax rear rotor, ceet contra seat cover kenda front max and dirt dogs, barnet kelvar clutch pack, burgard cycle axle carrier

I will be racing XC but I am going with 25 inch Bighorns.

If you ride more trails then technical trails and mud I would think 26s would be fine. Also remember the bigger the tire the slower you quad and the more stress there is on steering and drive train.

The bighorns are not bad in mud. Anything is better then stock. For trails I would not get a all out mud tire.
    V-Twin King Quad

DON't get a out law tire we bought those for our rincon when we first got it...it was like riding up the stairs ALL the time u kept feeling the knobs on the ground
    XC 265R

maxxis bighorn is by far the best tire
    05 450r
    houser
    longhorn
    ac racing
    works connections
    quadtech
    cp pistons
    cycle concepts head
    g force
    pc'd white frame

I think I have narrowed it down to 26" tire with 14" rim in either ITP terracross or the Maxxis big horns.

Take a look at the maxxis all traks. (not the sur tracs) They look kinda like a nobby I ended up going with them. I like them very much. They are also almost 8 lbs lighter per tire then the big horns
    V-Twin King Quad

anyone have the terra cross tires yet? My room mate has a kq 700 and he's looking at thos for a tire, but we're curious to see if anyone had some input on them. I keep telling him Big Horns but he wants something lighter. He will either stay with 25s or go to a 26. Thanks
    2003 Honda 400ex- Teixeira Tech, Elka, Maier, Wiseco, Hot Cams, Renthal, Pro Taper

For Sale...

Originally posted by project400ex19
    anyone have the terra cross tires yet? My room mate has a kq 700 and he's looking at thos for a tire, but we're curious to see if anyone had some input on them. I keep telling him Big Horns but he wants something lighter. He will either stay with 25s or go to a 26. Thanks
    I was wondering the same thing about the terracross, but they are still pretty new.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast