Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: What happened to the hype?

What happened to the hype?

They will probably make it right considering xtreme hasnt. I have seen a bunch of typhoons sitting and the kids riding other brands, I guess they will be the official pitquad. Don't foresee anything more out of them without major changes. Wolda coulda shoulda? Make it right xtreme.

I think they made a good looking machine, but that is where it ended.

IMO The Typhoon is one of the best all around ATV's for your money. If you are full bore racing it is a $2600.00 good starting point but not a National Championship winning machine. Neither is a $8000.00 stock Cobra. Anyone who races should already know you are not going to take ANY stock machine and be competitive with someone who spent the money to race prep one!

I sell more Typhoons to kids ( not always racing them ) who just want more for their money than they are getting from the Japanese MFG's. I would give Xtreme a little time to develop the Typhoon and you will have a great 4 stroke machine to ride and race if you wanted. I have had very little problems with the Typhoons that I have sold.

Those of you who race are only a small minority of the people who buy and ride the ATV's.

Just because you can't win races on a stock Typhoon doesn't mean it isn't a good machine.
    JUST MY OPINION!!!

My kids is for duning and riding around the countryside or aunts house out in the country..his was never intented to be a race quad .gona put the 140 kit in it and pipe and 26mm carb and let it become a torq quad at the dunes ...ps he hasnt or dosnt jump the 20ft plus jumps so i think his frame will hold up i am going to put the cross brace at the bottom like some have mentiond . Soo ill say im happy with his .Ya i wish i wouldve waited so i couldve got it alot cheaper ...only regret...and it can be handed down to the next lil one in the family..(nephews & nieces)..my 2cents..

My kids is for duning and riding around the countryside or aunts house out in the country..his was never intented to be a race quad .gona put the 140 kit in it and pipe and 26mm carb and let it become a torq quad at the dunes ...ps he hasnt or dosnt jump the 20ft plus jumps so i think his frame will hold up i am going to put the cross brace at the bottom like some have mentiond . Soo ill say im happy with his .Ya i wish i wouldve waited so i couldve got it alot cheaper ...only regret...and it can be handed down to the next lil one in the family..(nephews & nieces)..my 2cents..

These things fall apart just riding in the yard, not even comparing to a race quad, everything would need to be changed anyhow. So it wouldn't matter about any machine. There isn't any tolerances to any parts, they are loose, so you would need to rebuild it from the ground up just about every part.

But that is for racing.

Good luck if you guys think these things will be around long enough to hand down. I have one like new, Open to any offers. We paid $2500.00. willing to take a small loss if you think they are so great.

Yeah, I agree with putting some extra bracing where needed for the type of riding that you are doing. They really are good machines that with some tweaking can be a great machine. Most of my customers are not racing them but just playing on them.

I have yet to have any Typhoon my dealership put together fall apart. Maybe the dealership that you purchased it from didnt tighten all the nut and bolts properly when they put it together...either way I have not had anyone complain about anything on the Typhoon at this point. Like I said though, most of the kids that have purchased Typhoons are using them for playing......$2600 MSRP for bone stock Honda 90 drum brakes...bla bla bla or $2700.00 out the door for a 125 with braided lines, disk brakes....etc. My money is spent on the Typhoon.

Just MY Opinion

Ive got about 20hrs of riding on it and he is no softy he rides it hard and weighs in the 110 range .Maybe your right dealer is one of the only extreme dealers near cen.cal and he must've done it right ..Went through last weekend and checked nuts and bolts nothing loose except the steering stem which i havnt fixed yet.......Dont be a hater .If you dont like what you have, stop complaining on this site and others and SALE it...Chalk it up lost money and get something else to complain about..And im sure ill have this quad to hand down in the future ..Thanks for listening..

I guess you all miss the point it should work right out of the box, no matter what it is, Honda, or eton, or even a cobra, never said I wasnt the one who said it was race ready but xtreme did? I just think they could hve given a better product for the money no matter who buys them? So I dont think anyone should get mad, just expect to get what they pay for, thst is a product with quality less defects. It could have been so much more. thanks for listening

i dont know where else you can get what xtreme gives for the money!!!!
    dual a-arms that work, alum. wheels, billet throttle,alum. bars, nerf bars, billet axle hubs and carrier,snow hogs,holeshots,ect.
    if your not happy with it dont buy it or sell it!!!
    i wasnt happy with my predator 90 but i didnt complain i sold it!!!!

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast