Thread: cr500 linkage

cr500 linkage

Hey guys, just bought a laeger 330r and has the cr500 linkage. Decided i would replace the needle bearings in the linkage but i cant get the old ones out. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.
    Thanks
    ride red

Heat the parts up, the aluminum will expand faster then the steel bearings. Next use the right size socket and press or pound the wasted parts out.

Originally posted by matt250r21
    Heat the parts up, the aluminum will expand faster then the steel bearings. Next use the right size socket and press or pound the wasted parts out.

what he said.
    Mx bike: '05 Walsh CRF450
    Xc bike: '06 TRX 450ER

Sponsors:
    Pompton Honda, Fly Racing, Laeger's Racing, Smith Optics, GT Thunder, Renthal, Regina Chains, SixSixOne, Cardio Stack, IMS Products, Twin Air, SunStar, Cycra, Amsoil and L.A. Sleeve
    Race Photos:
    http://www.LouRusso.SmugMug.com

Older cr linkage had wire clips that kept the bearing centered. Their kinda hard to see unless your looking for them. They are also kinda hard to get out, try using a pic tool.
    Other than that try PB blaster (penatrating oil) and heat on the bearings. I've heated them in an oven at about 250-300 degrees, handling them carefully with welding gloves they usually pop right out with a bearing driver or socket.