Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Opinions,thoughts,answers?

Opinions,thoughts,answers?

Hey all,

I've had my eye on this blaster for quite some time:
    This is what it has:
    ITP Wheels, holeshot tire, Moose handlebars, pipe and silencer, Duncan racing carb and engine racing kit, front bumper & grab bar, full frame and rear skid plates.

Now, it's a 1989. I'm pretty sure they can't want anymore than $1200 for it. Now, I use to ride Kawasaki Mojave comfortably. But I think it's time for a different quad. I'm a basic trail rider, not a noob, but I would say Normal skill. How is the gas consumption on these quads? And, do they have problems with the spark plugs fouling? Would this be fine for trail riding? I don't really ride on the tight trails, they're pretty cleared out. And I'm not afraid to get on it every now and then. I'm about 5'10 170lbs. I also would plan on racing it every once and a while in the AGP races. Would this quad be fine for what I want to do with it? Are they reliable? Any personal experiences? Shoot out the information guys/gals
    '07 Yamaha Big Bear
    Halogen Accessory lights
    Heated Grips,arm mitts,front carrier bag,tank bag,fender bag

'97 Kawasaki KX100
    UFO Handguards

I fouled 1 plug the year i had it, but i changed it reg. Buy a 6/8 pack box of plugs wise investment. I like it i would offer
    800$-1000$ since it is an 89 But seems to be reworked ride it first. See how you like it. They are 2-strokes so they like gas a little more than 4 strokes but compared to my ex ur going to spend less money. I would recomend a suspension for racing there leave a good bit to be desired. But for what you want i would say go for it they are a great quad and i dont thing any one could go wrong with one. I know when i get the money and have a good reason i will buy another one. Very fun they are kind of like the yz125 for atvs except not as fast. They are light agile and fun to throw around. And can take a beating to boot. Hope this helped
    --Yamaha Blaster-- (Sold)

--400ex--
    (Sold)
    Pro Armor Nerfs w/ Heel Guards
    K&N A/F
    HMF s/o
    (QUAD) Shock Covers
    Race Cut Plastics
    Jetted Perfectly
    42 Pilot
    Pro Taper Grips
    Maxxis Razr Mx Rear
    Douglas rear's

ive never fould a plug in the 3 years i had my blaster. that looks like a REALLY nice 89. the only thing i dont like is it it has the mechanical brakes. they really arent the greatest. they can take quite a bit of maintanence to keep working well. you should be able to find a stock 2003 with the good brakes for just a little more than that one
    Planning a comeback...

it's worth atleast 1400
    Arm stretching, heart pounding, sweat inducing....2-STROKE-POWER!!!!

looks really clean!! i would go for it. there very reliable when mantained. i would ask how long ago the berrings were replaced too.
    White 06 YFZ Full HMF

2000 Yamaha Blaster
    LRD, UNI, Carbon tech, RAZR, DG, Durablue, twin row carrier,30mm oko, reed spacer, injecter block off....

Stock 1987 250x

i am going to say that at 5'10", you are going to be really cramped and wanting more performance.

if you are set on that machine, i would go no more than 900...it is very clean, but it is 18 years old.

It had the rear brakes changed to the hydraulic brakes. The motor was done by Duncan Racing. And the dealer wanted $2400!!!!! WTF!!!!!!!!
    '07 Yamaha Big Bear
    Halogen Accessory lights
    Heated Grips,arm mitts,front carrier bag,tank bag,fender bag

'97 Kawasaki KX100
    UFO Handguards

No wonder it hasn't been bought the dealer is a stark raving lunatic Go buy you a better one out of the news paper.
    --Yamaha Blaster-- (Sold)

--400ex--
    (Sold)
    Pro Armor Nerfs w/ Heel Guards
    K&N A/F
    HMF s/o
    (QUAD) Shock Covers
    Race Cut Plastics
    Jetted Perfectly
    42 Pilot
    Pro Taper Grips
    Maxxis Razr Mx Rear
    Douglas rear's

for that price, you can get a pretty bad *** 2003
    Planning a comeback...

how much do you want to spend? i have a blaster in my garage. 03 frame and plastic, 03 rear brake, almost all stock for 1800. its at my house now, but its heading back to wooster,OH tonight
    Planning a comeback...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast