Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: My streetbike powered rhino - video!

lets see some of your build pics, i got a solid axle rhino project that i was going to use a raptor engine for. but im going to sell it and get a bike motor, so i could use some pics. thanks

Originally posted by rancid
    lets see some of your build pics, i got a solid axle rhino project that i was going to use a raptor engine for. but im going to sell it and get a bike motor, so i could use some pics. thanks
    same here, im think of a SRA project too.

althought rancid, i think she has a chain drive back to a carrier mounting with axles (like the polaris outlaw)
    +Jeremy D'ambrosio+

I have pics, but I haven't ever really posted them.......yes, it's a chain drive system - with a jackshaft, actually - so I have a solid rear axle driving the rhino. Two wheel drive.......

What's an SRA project? Just wondering....
    Corry Weller

#801 SR1 - Lucas Oil Series
    #29 2009 YFZ450R

www.wellerracing.com

i think he means solid rear axle, mine will have a full tube chassis, suzuki samurai solid front and rear axles with the motor mounted sideways. with a chain leading down to a jackshaft, wich will have driveshaft u-joints attached to it with 2 small drivelines. i will also use the samurai brakes and steering parts. it will be very low geared to allow the high reving 05 gsxr 600 motor to run a bit slower, and push thw 31" swampers. the axles will be attached with a 3 link system and nitrogen filled shocks. as long as it hits 80mph i will be happy.

Sounds VERY cool!!! Have you started this yet? I was running a HUGE rear sprocket, and got really good low end from my CBR.....there will still be a powerband to contend with, however....but it's real drive-able. I am actually in the process of putting in a new motor in my rhino......I'll post more about it when it's done!
    Corry Weller

#801 SR1 - Lucas Oil Series
    #29 2009 YFZ450R

www.wellerracing.com

got any pics yet, i would love to see your rhino and how the motor is mounted and how the shifter and clutch linkage is setup.

looks like a ton of fun

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234