Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My streetbike powered rhino - video!

My streetbike powered rhino - video!

Here is a clip of me messing around in the little dunes at Thanksgiving in my CBR powered rhino.......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fwch9-fNl8
    Corry Weller

#801 SR1 - Lucas Oil Series
    #29 2009 YFZ450R

www.wellerracing.com

haha that thing sounds like it packs a punch

one question though.. did you have sand tires on there? Are they really needed for rhinos? ..just wondering because im going to be picking one up soon and im really interested to see how good it runs in the sand heh

No, I know alot of rhinos that run the dunes without paddles...i dont have 4wheel drive anymore, and I have alot of power, so I thought it would be fun to run the paddles - they were great, actually - but don't buy them if you don't want to - not a biggie......just air down your stock tires!
    Corry Weller

#29 2009 YFZ450R

www.wellerracing.com

Alright thanks for bringing me up to speed on that. Yeah, as you can probably tell i have never riden in or driven one as of yet. Should be fun though!

btw, are the stock tires any good? I figured they'd probably be one of the first things to go.

I would have no problem running the stockers for a while....people buy new tires because they just look better alot of the time......if you do ALOT of dune riding, you might want to buy some tires that are made more for the sand........
    Corry Weller

#29 2009 YFZ450R

www.wellerracing.com

got any videos of a straight line? didnt look very impressive but sounds cool
    R.I.P Rocky Moon #9

________HCB_________

Not yet......I was running about 80mph all the way from Glamis to Ogilby, though.....so it hauls, and that was 6th gear at only about 6000-7000 rpms.......but I don't have video of that. It also climbs Patton with two people with no problems at all...................

This video was just an afterthought after we'd been duning for a while.......I just like how it sounds on this clip......
    Corry Weller

#29 2009 YFZ450R

www.wellerracing.com

Thumbs up

Sweet ride! I saw footage of a Rhino with a Yamaha V-Max engine stuffed in it that ran Baja. I think it DNF'ed maybe. But it was very impressive.
    My Rhino will get 55 mph on flat land. No big open sand dunes to use it on around here though, just big hills.
    I use to live in Phoenix, Chandler & Queen Creek. I miss home & will return when I can.
    Built 06 Rhino 660 SE.

Nice.

But how come I never see you out there. I look for you guys, but we seem to never meet up

BTW I have a stock rhino with a CDI, and when I air down I can climb pattons and almost any other dune with 2 people. Although I am sure its not as fast as yours
    Support the sport!

Hey Levi!! We go all over the place - can't believe you haven't see us out there yet!!!

I have seen a few Rhinos plugging their way up Patton......no doubt they can do it if they are aired down and have a good driver!

Is that your build in the other thread?? nice!
    Corry Weller

#29 2009 YFZ450R

www.wellerracing.com

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast