Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wolf Pen Gap, Mena AR?

Wolf Pen Gap, Mena AR?

Has anyone been to these trails lately? they're about 3 hours from me, and I've been wanting to get back up there before my 400 is "too MX". I heard that they closed a large portion of the #2 trail, which was the best one.. Any intentions of reopening it? I know alot of us guys from here want to come swim in that cold-as-he!!, clear water up there at the Blue Hole.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    MX26

Black 05 450R

hey man - a bunch of us just went there this past weekend (just got back yesterday). a couple of the trails are still closed. i don't remember the trail numbers, but "redrider ex" does, maybe he will respond. the ones that are closed are good trails, though according to him, but there are so many other good trails. we didn't get through half of them.

i talked to the owner of wpg campground and he said it would be a while before they opened the closed trails back up. it's all tied up right now with the tree huggers

we did get down to the blue hole. i'll have a couple of pictures of it later, but none of us got in. most of us were dangerously close on having enough gas to get back to camp. redrider actually ran out of gas. anyway, we'll be planning another trip back there for sure.

[edit] by the way, i just put my bigger tires on and my mx machine was able to do fine. the trails are plenty wide for wider machines...
    Last edited by Razorback; 09-16-2002 at 01:27 PM.
    2001 MX Race 400EX - TQRA Series Racer #721

My Quad Site
    TQRA Site
    C&D Racing - 308-696-7805
    Bullet Motorsports

"You can't have a battle of the wits with someone that's unarmed."

Scott, That's cool. Man I love that place! Y-City(bout 30 miles on down the road from Mena) has some trails, but they're not nearly as good. There are a LOTTA guys from atvconnection.com forums that go to Mena often, and they know the place like the back of their hand. It sounds like that there are sooo many miles of trails that aren't even on the map.. I'd like to take a week and ride them all, but the only time possible is holidays, or spring break, and I'm taking Intro to Criminal Justice spring break this year...

Shoot me some pics when you get them developed. The last time I was there my Banshee was still scary fast to me, but we had a blast. There's just something about going 4th gear WFO down some mountain trails at 11:30PM that makes life seem to be REALLY sweet.
    MX26

Black 05 450R

yeah david, we'll have to head up there sometime. have to get daniel and dutch to go also. the trails with all the freakin jumps are a blast...

My Quad Site
    TQRA Site
    Bullet Motorsports

I'm not so sure Dutch would like to go. I don't think it's his cup of tea. Partially cause he's never done it before, and partially cause he's just a geek. Daniel and I both love it. Better get there quick, cause most of the trails are closed when hunting season starts.
    MX26

Black 05 450R

lol

it'll probably be spring before i can go again. college football, quad racing, and holidays have got me booked through the end of the year. we want to have another exriders ride there in the spring, so that might be a good time, but we could also go another time, too.

i certainly don't want to be mistaken for big game out in the deer woods :devil

My Quad Site
    TQRA Site
    Bullet Motorsports

mx26

the trails that are still closed are sections of 2 and 02 but we found many more trails that i didn't even know was there and i have been there 10 times we rode 145 miles while we were there.

I think you sound like you're applying for the job(no pay, only fun) as a trail directer. Is that what it sounds like to you Scott?

I'm ready to roll.
    MX26

Black 05 450R

he knows the trails, i can vouch for that.
    Uncle Ted for President!

My Rags

85 70 "Lil Red"
    85 70 "Rosco"
    85 110 "Sweetie"
    83 185S "Freebie"
    85 250ES "Red"

02 400EX "Cletus"
    04 Polaris ATP "Hoss"

Past rags:2000 Scrambler 400, 86 350X, 86 250R, 84 200S, 97 ATK260LQ

yeah, i second that. he knows his stuff.

My Quad Site
    TQRA Site
    Bullet Motorsports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast