Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Terry Cable Dual Gasser Thumb/Twist Throttle

Originally posted by Sjorge300EX
    how easy is it to swtich over the thumb. Is it something that you can do while on the go?
    The only thing that locks the twist throttle movement in place is a pin that you push in and out (in the pic it is located below the thumb lever). You can run with it locked or not. I guess if you want to switch around you could run with it in the unlocked position. Though probably not something I would recommend for someone new to that setup.
    '01 416 w/some stuff
    '01 Kasea 90
    '04 Kasea 50
    '94 LT80 (for sale)

Glad you like it and the grips must have been ok afterall.
    C&D Racing, the official sponsor of ATVriders.com and your #1 aftermarket and OEM parts shop! 402-614-2508

1st place +30 2010 IATVHSS
    #28 IATVHSS 09 Polaris 525S and 525IRS
    1st Place Industry Class 2008 Heartland Challenge
    1st Place Industry Class 2007 Maxxis 12 hrs
    www.cdracingonline.com
    check out the products we carry http://www.cdracingonline.com/sell.html

so Cobly, if I grab one of these, willI be able to switch to the twist during easier parts of the track and then go back to the thumb during the rocky stuff or will it be hard to switch over on the fly?
    Steve #48

2005 450r - In great shape, setup perfect for my riding style

Aim: Sjorge3442
    Email : Sjorge_3442@hotmail.com

Temple University

id like to answer that question if thats ok.....I bought one for my gf for xmas and it took her about an hour to figure it out the first time, once she did she was embarrassed (its super easy) and was doing it with ease from there on out. People tend to really overthink thinks when there too easy, I mean cmon it cant be that easy right?, wrong its that easy lol
    Mike

I love mine, the thumb throttle is kinda of a far reach, maybe its just how I had the stock 250r thumb throttle. I use the twist throttle most of the time, its a great product, thanks c&d for the good price, I'm stuck too much into a twist throttle. Its a real short throw, I like that for mx use.
    I give it 2 thumbs up for someone who has friends that ride his bike sometimes, can't decide wheather he wants only a thumb or twist throttle. Woods riders would love this product, the twist for non-techincal trails/fire roads and the thumb for when going over logs and such.
    85/86 atc 250r, very modded, lrd 310pv, +1 lsr, shortrack kit, cr250r igntion, 39 pwk, paul turner hi-rev pipe, propeg nerf bars, HREATV custom frame,
    86 atc200x- 84 250r exteneded axle, supertrapp pipe, 27mm carb, works rear shock, 84 250r front end(rebuilt w/ terry kit), 350x tripples, ported head, 12:1 piston, webcam,
    crf450r quad, lsr frame, swinger, antifade, hyper beadlocks and the best of everything else.
    88 trx 250r pced and reinforced frame, +3+0 t-pin, 310pv, cr ignition, 39 pwk, lsr rear end, elka shocks, aftermarket radiator, lrd pipe
    06 ktm450exc, full skid plate/guards, radiator fan, clarke tank, dual sport kit, reg/ins/insp, steering stabilzer
    98 200exc: street plated, skid/guards, dual sport lights, stabilizer and more.
    07 ktm 250xc, skids, reg/ins, dampener, good lights
    2011 atc450r in the works, suspension and details need to be worked out

We used one on the 07 TRX450R we raced at the Baja 1000. The thumb throttle feels very close to stock, and all of the twist guys on the team liked the 1/4 throw of the twist. It's a great design that uses the stock cable. Despite what DW says, it will work with the newer 06/07 450R Hondas. Here is a link to the install instructions we used for our 2007 450R.
    http://www.krashracingdirtpark.com/06_TRX450R.html
    Jeff

I will buy one of these before I do another long race....this will be a thumb saver for SURE!!!
    Corry Weller

#801 SR1 - Lucas Oil Series
    #29 2009 YFZ450R

www.wellerracing.com

ok so I bought my GF one for xmas and she FINALLY got it installed....now heres the rub . The bike accelerates (from a stop) harder using the thumb over the twist . Any advice?, it should be exactly the same right?

it might be like that because of the rider. If twisted it all the way open(the same as probaly was done on the thumb), they would accelerate the same. Also, it might be something about the whole thing with the twist throttle, its hard to twist it if you can't keep the front end down, its rather easy to do that on a thumb throttle.
    85/86 atc 250r, very modded, lrd 310pv, +1 lsr, shortrack kit, cr250r igntion, 39 pwk, paul turner hi-rev pipe, propeg nerf bars, HREATV custom frame,
    86 atc200x- 84 250r exteneded axle, supertrapp pipe, 27mm carb, works rear shock, 84 250r front end(rebuilt w/ terry kit), 350x tripples, ported head, 12:1 piston, webcam,
    crf450r quad, lsr frame, swinger, antifade, hyper beadlocks and the best of everything else.
    88 trx 250r pced and reinforced frame, +3+0 t-pin, 310pv, cr ignition, 39 pwk, lsr rear end, elka shocks, aftermarket radiator, lrd pipe
    06 ktm450exc, full skid plate/guards, radiator fan, clarke tank, dual sport kit, reg/ins/insp, steering stabilzer
    98 200exc: street plated, skid/guards, dual sport lights, stabilizer and more.
    07 ktm 250xc, skids, reg/ins, dampener, good lights
    2011 atc450r in the works, suspension and details need to be worked out

Originally posted by deathman53
    it might be like that because of the rider. If twisted it all the way open(the same as probaly was done on the thumb), they would accelerate the same. Also, it might be something about the whole thing with the twist throttle, its hard to twist it if you can't keep the front end down, its rather easy to do that on a thumb throttle.
    didnt notice that someone replied

maybe but shes a very experienced dirtbike rider/ desert racer and I dont know about the wheelie power of a 1997 yamaha warrior thats never had any maintainance on it, it would probably be easier for me to just fix it for her but she'll never learn if I did, was just curious if anyone else had noticed that.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123