Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Terry Cable Dual Gasser Thumb/Twist Throttle

Originally posted by X-tech
    Our team has been testing one now for a couple of years. Our desert team has had absolutely no problems with this set-up. It is the way to go if you have riders that prefer different throttle types. It pretty much works the way it has been stated above. Push the pin in and lock the twist to you can use the thumb. Pull the pin out and now the twist is free to use. No, the thumb does not get in the way at all for the twist rider.
    I assume with the pin not pushed in to use the twist throttle. Then one could use both simultaneously? I assume that the twist has nice short throw?
    '01 416 w/some stuff
    '01 Kasea 90
    '04 Kasea 50
    '94 LT80 (for sale)

X-tech what grips due you use?

I use Oury grips for motorcycles. We use the standard Maier handguards with the inserts that go into the bars. To make this work, we cut the ends off of the grips. This also gives us about an extra 1/4" of room.

The twist seems to have a pretty standard throw. I'm not to experienced on the twist because I am the thumb guy on the team. My partner loves the twist, so I'm assuming the throw is fairly common.

You could probably use both at the same time, but we've never tried it.

I WANT ONE.. I can see this saving alot of thumbs when you are riding for a long time.. I like the thumb throttle for technical stuff. and the twist for cruising to riding spots..

Ive always thought of thumb and twist together nice to see it now..
    Thanks to my fans my name is an Anthem..

Live Life..Do one thing a day that scares you

Xbox360Live GamerTag = Upgrayed
    Playstation 3 GamerTag = U-p-g-r-a-y-e-d

$135 for the throttle it come in blue,black,red,silver
    C&D Racing, the official sponsor of ATVriders.com and your #1 aftermarket and OEM parts shop! 402-614-2508

1st place +30 2010 IATVHSS
    #28 IATVHSS 09 Polaris 525S and 525IRS
    1st Place Industry Class 2008 Heartland Challenge
    1st Place Industry Class 2007 Maxxis 12 hrs
    www.cdracingonline.com
    check out the products we carry http://www.cdracingonline.com/sell.html

Originally posted by Colby@C&DRacing
    $135 for the throttle it come in blue,black,red,silver
    thats not to bad of a price at all.. does anyone want to buy my Blue Terrycable.. lol..

where can i get one?? i went to terrycable .com
    Thanks to my fans my name is an Anthem..

Live Life..Do one thing a day that scares you

Xbox360Live GamerTag = Upgrayed
    Playstation 3 GamerTag = U-p-g-r-a-y-e-d

read the post right before yours lol.......damn it I just paid 150 for mine.

Thumbs up

I thought I would share my opinion on this combo Twist/Thumb throttle now that I have one. I got it just in time to install it and use it on my 416ex for New Year's Eve at the dunes.

Installation was very easy and I didn't have to change the throttle cable for 39 FCR at all. Just made some minor adjustments (as expected) and ready to go. The throw on the twist throttle was very short. Idle to full throttle without having to double-clutch the grip is an added plus. The thumb throttle never interfered with the twist throttle motion. I went with the Spider Slim Line SLX grips. They didn't require any trimming to clear for the thumb lever. It seemed as acceleration was quicker due to the short throttle.

Thank you C&D Racing!
    '01 416 w/some stuff
    '01 Kasea 90
    '04 Kasea 50
    '94 LT80 (for sale)

that thing look sweet, twist and thumb throttle are something i was never sure which one id like better, but you can have the best of both worlds
    06 ltr 450
    Pro armor fat pegs
    Cherry bomb
    AC blackline bumper
    AC grab bar
    Pingel tether
    Yoshi rs-5
    Gen-X hood with scoop
    Attack graphics custom number plates
    FUEL atv carbon fiber fuel pump cover
    FUEL atv gripper seat cover
    Flexx Bars
    moose parking brake block off plate
    power commander
    trail tech mr16 halogen lights

02 GSXR 600-streetfighter

Originally posted by foleyit
    I thought I would share my opinion on this combo Twist/Thumb throttle now that I have one. I got it just in time to install it and use it on my 416ex for New Year's Eve at the dunes.

Installation was very easy and I didn't have to change the throttle cable for 39 FCR at all. Just made some minor adjustments (as expected) and ready to go. The throw on the twist throttle was very short. Idle to full throttle without having to double-clutch the grip is an added plus. The thumb throttle never interfered with the twist throttle motion. I went with the Spider Slim Line SLX grips. They didn't require any trimming to clear for the thumb lever. It seemed as acceleration was quicker due to the short throttle.

Thank you C&D Racing!
    how easy is it to swtich over the thumb. Is it something that you can do while on the go?
    Steve #48

2005 450r - In great shape, setup perfect for my riding style

Aim: Sjorge3442
    Email : Sjorge_3442@hotmail.com

Temple University

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast