Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Terry Cable Dual Gasser Thumb/Twist Throttle

Question Terry Cable Dual Gasser Thumb/Twist Throttle

I was reading my new January 2007 Dirt Wheels (pg. 87) and saw an article on the Terry Cable Dual Gasser Thumb/Twist throttle.

Does anyone have one on their quad or ridden one that has it? Would like to hear what you think.

I am thinking about buying one. Should work with the FCR 39?

If your not familiar with what it is. Its a combination Thumb/Twist throttle all in one. Apparently, it will fit most stock applications. It doesn't work on FCR Keihin carbs that have the built-in kill switch.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    '01 416 w/some stuff
    '01 Kasea 90
    '04 Kasea 50
    '94 LT80 (for sale)

I might be getting one, the only concern I have is, if the twist throttle and thumb work, only thumb-solid grip, or only twist-thumb won't move. I can see it really screwing up riders if both function worked at the same time.
    85/86 atc 250r, very modded, lrd 310pv, +1 lsr, shortrack kit, cr250r igntion, 39 pwk, paul turner hi-rev pipe, propeg nerf bars, HREATV custom frame,
    86 atc200x- 84 250r exteneded axle, supertrapp pipe, 27mm carb, works rear shock, 84 250r front end(rebuilt w/ terry kit), 350x tripples, ported head, 12:1 piston, webcam,
    crf450r quad, lsr frame, swinger, antifade, hyper beadlocks and the best of everything else.
    88 trx 250r pced and reinforced frame, +3+0 t-pin, 310pv, cr ignition, 39 pwk, lsr rear end, elka shocks, aftermarket radiator, lrd pipe
    06 ktm450exc, full skid plate/guards, radiator fan, clarke tank, dual sport kit, reg/ins/insp, steering stabilzer
    98 200exc: street plated, skid/guards, dual sport lights, stabilizer and more.
    07 ktm 250xc, skids, reg/ins, dampener, good lights
    2011 atc450r in the works, suspension and details need to be worked out

there is a pin you push in that will stop the twist from twisting when you are using the thumb
    Planning a comeback...

Originally posted by bradley300
    there is a pin you push in that will stop the twist from twisting when you are using the thumb
    sweet. I will def get one of these. Ive always wanted to try a twist....so what it does it if you push the thumb, the throttle tube locks? Wont the thumb get in the way when using the twist?
    Steve #48

2005 450r - In great shape, setup perfect for my riding style

Aim: Sjorge3442
    Email : Sjorge_3442@hotmail.com

Temple University

no, the rider has to actually push a pin in to hold the twist in place. it was made for team races so people with different preferences could still be on the same team, just push in or pull out the pin (depending on your preference) and your on your way
    Planning a comeback...

Originally posted by bradley300
    no, the rider has to actually push a pin in to hold the twist in place. it was made for team races so people with different preferences could still be on the same team, just push in or pull out the pin (depending on your preference) and your on your way
    Sounds like a really great design. That's one of the things I was wondering about. Thanks for the info. Now just need to buy one? Is C&D Racing selling these yet?
    '01 416 w/some stuff
    '01 Kasea 90
    '04 Kasea 50
    '94 LT80 (for sale)

Yes we sell them I will get you a price
    C&D Racing, the official sponsor of ATVriders.com and your #1 aftermarket and OEM parts shop! 402-614-2508

1st place +30 2010 IATVHSS
    #28 IATVHSS 09 Polaris 525S and 525IRS
    1st Place Industry Class 2008 Heartland Challenge
    1st Place Industry Class 2007 Maxxis 12 hrs
    www.cdracingonline.com
    check out the products we carry http://www.cdracingonline.com/sell.html

Originally posted by Colby@C&DRacing
    Yes we sell them I will get you a price
    Shoot me a price as well

They due take up a lot of room on the bars. On my Flexx bars I will not be able to use my Powermadd hand guards. I am looking for a different set up for my hand guards

Our team has been testing one now for a couple of years. Our desert team has had absolutely no problems with this set-up. It is the way to go if you have riders that prefer different throttle types. It pretty much works the way it has been stated above. Push the pin in and lock the twist to you can use the thumb. Pull the pin out and now the twist is free to use. No, the thumb does not get in the way at all for the twist rider.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast