Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Under Funded quad of the month? lol

Well, I think that you should have a under funded quad of the month.. I would be sure to enter mine..

we had to let it burn for about 25 minutes, then the fire depo. finally got their....everything was gone by then pretty much....i already sold pretty much anything that was salvagable. It started out a flame under the right rear on the header, and i pulled the back plastic off, then she went up in flames even more....at that point i said eff it lol
    Beau Hartman
    Zanesville, Ohio
    TRX 450R
    MX

Originally posted by TheFontMaster
    There is an idea. I would have to come up with some kinda qualifications to monitor a budget on each quad. But it's a good idea.
    Make them supply the receipt for all materials bought & sold.

For example, if they were making a hybrid and bought an early 90's CR250 and pulled out the electronics and motor, and sold off everyhthing else on e-bay. If they did it right they could get a motor dirt cheap. They'd jsut have to provide proof of purchase & sales of items in question.

If they self fabricate.. they would have to show purchase recipts of materials bought.. wether it be from a steel supplier or a scrap yard.

The "hey my buddy sold me these Leager Pro-Trax arms and PEP shocks for $25 and an LRD Aluminum frame for $45" shouldn't be allowed.

If they were to get a deal like that it should be off of a public auction site (like e-bay), or public for sale thread off this forum where there is active competition on the sale of the parts.

I would just think the info would be submitted to you alone for judgment.. not in any way made public other than throwing their basic budget numbers out.

I would also go with a "total value" system. Starting with a brand spanking new $7200 LTR-450 vs. a $800 1987 trx250x.

Start with a raw stock ATV.

Use the kelly bluebook value for the base atv (if you start with one).

If you're starting with mods already on the quad.. add the retail price of those parts, or show proof of purchase for the purchase price.

Bring out the fabricators, designers, inventors, & artists. Max accumilated value of like $5k.

The "what kind of quad can you build for less than the cost of a new one" contest.
    Brandon -O||||O-
    1998 Honda TRX300EX (330)

you are the man
    Beau Hartman
    Zanesville, Ohio
    TRX 450R
    MX

home town, Poland NY College, Blairsville PA
    Originally posted by bwamos
    Make them supply the receipt for all materials bought & sold.

For example, if they were making a hybrid and bought an early 90's CR250 and pulled out the electronics and motor, and sold off everyhthing else on e-bay. If they did it right they could get a motor dirt cheap. They'd jsut have to provide proof of purchase & sales of items in question.

If they self fabricate.. they would have to show purchase recipts of materials bought.. wether it be from a steel supplier or a scrap yard.

The "hey my buddy sold me these Leager Pro-Trax arms and PEP shocks for $25 and an LRD Aluminum frame for $45" shouldn't be allowed.

If they were to get a deal like that it should be off of a public auction site (like e-bay), or public for sale thread off this forum where there is active competition on the sale of the parts.

I would just think the info would be submitted to you alone for judgment.. not in any way made public other than throwing their basic budget numbers out.

I would also go with a "total value" system. Starting with a brand spanking new $7200 LTR-450 vs. a $800 1987 trx250x.

Start with a raw stock ATV.

Use the kelly bluebook value for the base atv (if you start with one).

If you're starting with mods already on the quad.. add the retail price of those parts, or show proof of purchase for the purchase price.

Bring out the fabricators, designers, inventors, & artists. Max accumilated value of like $5k.

The "what kind of quad can you build for less than the cost of a new one" contest.

Now that was very well thought out, and would work great as guidelines for an underfunded QOTM, or even a budget build off. Unfortunatlly with each contest only lasting 2 weeks, and how buisy I am here at college, and how much info I would have to go through and organize, I just couldn't do it.

If it was a contest like a builder of the year or something along those lines, where I would have 3 or 4+ months to organize everything, then thats a different story. And since you brought this up, I will ask Harlen about doing some kind of build off again some time soon.
    Andy

WyoTech....

AIM; District3250rMX
    Yahoo; Gone_Snowboarding06

I agree... it would be better for a build-off type competition.
    Brandon -O||||O-
    1998 Honda TRX300EX (330)

Im in.. I buy all of my own stuff and im 21..does that count??
    2009 KTM 450 SX - Race Bike
    2009 KTM 450 SX - Practice Bike

Thanks to my 2009 Sponsors: KTM Factory Support, Motosports Factory,Rocket Ron Racing, Clutch Industries,Twin Air,EVS Sports,CP Pistons, Leo Vince Exhausts, Blitz Vision,Division 26 Clothing, DRG , FourWerx , ASV Inventions, KB Motorsports, WP Suspension
    www.fwcarbon.com
    email: Jay@fwcarbon.com

Originally posted by xsr_racing28c
    Im in.. I buy all of my own stuff and im 21..does that count??
    We have a winner!

I don't get this whole under funded thing. I don't make all that much money and am a full time student in college and just put all of my money into my quads. I guess its just how bad you want to work for what you have.

Chino886: I hope to actually win QOTM for once this year. I'm thinking the YFZ should be in the midst of the competition before april.. we'll see !!! ~Jay
    2009 KTM 450 SX - Race Bike
    2009 KTM 450 SX - Practice Bike

Thanks to my 2009 Sponsors: KTM Factory Support, Motosports Factory,Rocket Ron Racing, Clutch Industries,Twin Air,EVS Sports,CP Pistons, Leo Vince Exhausts, Blitz Vision,Division 26 Clothing, DRG , FourWerx , ASV Inventions, KB Motorsports, WP Suspension
    www.fwcarbon.com
    email: Jay@fwcarbon.com

I'll give you a run for the money Jay if I put my 400 in the QOTM we'll see who wins LOL!!

I've been thinking of doing up my 400 cus it's my goal to win QOTM , just so I can say i've completed a goal in my life.
    ~Dallas~

03' Roll Design/IMS-Roll/Custom Axis/C&D Racing 416ex

Special thanks to...
    Colby@C&D Racing
    Hardkor Engineering
    G4 Graphics
    Team2powersports
    RockyMountain ATV
    Chino886
    K&K ATV
    JL ATV
    Magic Racing
    Blais Racing
    Metro Powersports
    IMS/Roll Design
    Motosportoutlet
    Badger Cycle
    And To my wife

Motor mods- JE 11:1 comp,Stg 2 Hotcam,C&D Race ported head,Stock carb jetted,White Bros pipe. Ran on Turbo Blue 110

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast