Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why are all the HyBrid for sale?

I`ve just bought a 2005 450r...Having came a hybrid,I`am wishing I would of waited and found another!!!

MUCH better performance,both engine and handling!!

Long live the Hybrids!!
    LMS Racing....
    Metal fab & welding

Thanks to JH-Racing

I think alot of people just jump on the production wagon, and end up spending more money and not being as comfortable. I own and have owned literally Every type of production quad in its fullest race setup possible, and nothing, nothing comes close to how a Walsh hybrid handles(That is correctly setup!!!). Not all hybrids/chasis are compairable though. I dont like to downtalk any company, but there are a handfull that made/make hybrid chasis that i would take a yfz over anyday also. ITs all in what people like though. And chasis setup is VERY critical on any quad, alot of people will not have the quad set to its potential, and therefore think the quad is junk or not up to par. Minor adjustments make HUGE diff.'s I will Always have Hybrids for myself for a couple reasons, one its what i do for a living really, and two you cant beat them! Someone hit it on the head when they said look at a hybrid made in 2000(or even older at that) and look at a production quad 7 years from now? Chasis still good on the production quad????????????????? Unfortunetly where racing is going with production rules, most riders will e forced to move to production if they are going for it, myself included. I will be racing production classes this coming season, but will still have a hybrid to run in open class. But now days sponsors want they're riders to have the lastest and greatest product.

Its all a big money marketing scam if you ask me(production quads), but its where the sport has gone..........

Justin

Well put Justin........Money very well spent
    LSR/CRF450
    JB ex w/yz450dirtbike motor
    Thats right "hybrids the only way to go....They go BRAAAAAAAPPP..

well, I don't know why everyone's selling but I'll tell you why I bought one. First...it's all Figair's fault. He lives close to me, we hooked up and I fell in love with his quads. I rode his YZ and could not believe the power...unreal. I was hooked.

Another reason is I had built my 400ex to the edge of reliability. I had made it as fast and powerful as I could without it grenading on me. It still wasn't enough. The air-cooled factor was weighing heavily on me as well as the 2 head gaskets I did in 2 years. The 400ex DESPERATELY wants to be water-cooled. Modded motors need constant work and my 426 was becoming THAT way. My 426 with P/P, cam, race gas etc made appx. 34 HP. Not bad. My STOCK crf450 motor makes close to 48hp. I'll put a little higher comp piston and MAYBE a stage 2 cam and that's all the 450's getting. Plenty strong to haul my big *** around.

just my 2 cents.

Glamis
    NEW RIDE.....
    Houser Framed '02 CRF450 Hybrid. Powdercoated gold, chrome Houser sub-frame, Houser +4 no-link swingarm, +2 houser a arms, Houser stem, Tag T2 bars, +4 Dominator2 axle, Elka rear shock, Fox Float front shocks, Hardkore hubs, Dream waterpump cover, Dream clutch cover, Fullbore plastic, AC Pro-pegs,braided brake lines, and more....

My fault(What you talkin about Willis)lol...Another hybrid satisfied customer.....
    LSR/CRF450
    JB ex w/yz450dirtbike motor
    Thats right "hybrids the only way to go....They go BRAAAAAAAPPP..

We need to hook up and figure out what we're (you're) gonna do to my hood. Maybe the weekend of the 9th/10th? I lost my cell phone so I don't have your number any more.

PM me

Alin
    NEW RIDE.....
    Houser Framed '02 CRF450 Hybrid. Powdercoated gold, chrome Houser sub-frame, Houser +4 no-link swingarm, +2 houser a arms, Houser stem, Tag T2 bars, +4 Dominator2 axle, Elka rear shock, Fox Float front shocks, Hardkore hubs, Dream waterpump cover, Dream clutch cover, Fullbore plastic, AC Pro-pegs,braided brake lines, and more....

cant a hybrid run in the 4 stroke class, 265 class and 16 to 24 class. oh and the open class

Mark
    " A good friend will bail you out of jail but a true friend will be sitting beside you saying.... Dang that was fun"

Mark

Bubba ( son )
    2005 YFZ450, 08 motor,Bike cam, Laeger Plus 2 a-arms, Elka shocks, GYTR Exhaust, Holeshots on Baja rims, AC Pro Pegs, G- Force axle

2009 Sponsor: Asv, SixSixOne. Oneal Racing, Houser Racing, GT Thunder, Nacs Racing, Elka

Yeah they can, BUT, how long will those classes be there? And when the rules change..........? Right now mainstream ATV racing is all about production, and its unfotunet that its that way. Its in the hands of the promoters and organizations where hybrid racing go's, maybe we'll still have several classes to compete in, or it could go to one open style class, which i hope doesnt happen.

Justin

Very good points. With the start of the WPSA and all the production classes, it won't be long and all of the hybrids and open classes will be dissolved. I don't think this is a bad thing since the factory's are getting involved but I hate to see these great machines go away.

I would ventrue to bet that if you put a pro on an aftermarket chassis 4 stroke that their lap times would be quicker. maybe not by much but they would be faster IMO. Oh well nothing we can do about it.

I will always keep my Outlaw Banshee and maybe someday a new Zuk in the garage to join the family.

I would ventrue to bet that if you put a pro on an aftermarket chassis 4 stroke that their lap times would be quicker. maybe not by much but they would be faster IMO. Oh well nothing we can do about it.

I think the same thing.

With factory support and big money comming into this sport, It wouldnt look very good for the factories, if a after market quad would dominate a class, were factory backed teams were involved.
    however it sure is fun to play around on one at a local level

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12