Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Silver Lake

Silver Lake

Who here rides at Silver Lake?:devil
    440, Ross 11.5:1 piston, Web cam 479 grind, race port & polish, oversized valves, hardened rockers, CRF450 cam chain, 39mm FCR carb, lightened Flywheel, Stock clutch, WB CDI box, K&N filter , WhiteBrothers E-Series full exhaust, Sidewinder Chain, 15/36 gearing, open airbox, LSR Axcaliber +3.5 axle, Houser Racing +2 a-arms, Elka triple rate, fully adjustable front shocks, +1.25 Houser swingarm, Tag Metals X5 bars, Arens +1 steering stem, Muscle steering dampener, Stainless Steel brakelines, HeatSeeker temp. guage, Pro Design kill switch, DG Pro Series nerfs, 8 run Hauler paddles. ~~http://www.sounddomain.com/id/trick440ex~~

I took my two week old 400ex to Silver Lake in May. What an awesome place to ride. It is about a 4 hour drive for us, but it was worth it. We probably won't make it back this year, but it will be on the list again next year. I need to make sure my new T-4 pipe is going to be under the 94 decibel limit that will be in place next year.
    2001 400ex, Pro Circuit T-4, AC Racing Pro Pegs, Renthal Bars, Trail tech speedo w/ billet mount, Pro Armor Skid plates

2003 Harley Davidson Fatboy - the perfect fusion of chrome and leather!!!

Magnum Photos

I ride there, its the best ridin I've found in michigan.

I hear ya magnum, I just had a decible reading done on my T4 and it was at 97db. and thats on a 300ex
    Dan C
    I have 3 german shepards.

1Pet. 3:15

Skull

When I ordered my T-4, I also ordered the quiet core insert. It was around $30. It is essentially like the spark arrestor cone, except that there is a steel plate in the end of it to restrict the sound and flow. I have not installed the pipe yet, but when I do, I will post how much the quiet core reduces the noise level. Hopefully it will be below the 94 decibel limit
    2001 400ex, Pro Circuit T-4, AC Racing Pro Pegs, Renthal Bars, Trail tech speedo w/ billet mount, Pro Armor Skid plates

2003 Harley Davidson Fatboy - the perfect fusion of chrome and leather!!!

Magnum Photos

I do, I try to make it there 4-5 times a year but, I haven't been there yet this season!! Just ask moto93, he's always trying to get me to go but I've just been too busy

AMJ

Me and a bunch of guys are making a big trip up there again in August (not sure of the date yet). It will be my 4th trip up there this summer. Its like a 4 hr ride from where I live also. Can't wait, I'm addicted:blah :devil
    440, Ross 11.5:1 piston, Web cam 479 grind, race port & polish, oversized valves, hardened rockers, CRF450 cam chain, 39mm FCR carb, lightened Flywheel, Stock clutch, WB CDI box, K&N filter , WhiteBrothers E-Series full exhaust, Sidewinder Chain, 15/36 gearing, open airbox, LSR Axcaliber +3.5 axle, Houser Racing +2 a-arms, Elka triple rate, fully adjustable front shocks, +1.25 Houser swingarm, Tag Metals X5 bars, Arens +1 steering stem, Muscle steering dampener, Stainless Steel brakelines, HeatSeeker temp. guage, Pro Design kill switch, DG Pro Series nerfs, 8 run Hauler paddles. ~~http://www.sounddomain.com/id/trick440ex~~

magnum,
    yeah, I wasnt so sure the quiet core was anything diffrent from the spark arrester. thats cool that its diffrent, I think I'm gonna get one.

I'm almost 90% sure I'm goin up to the dunes on the 18th if anyone else is goin drop a post. I need to hook up with some honda guys, all my friends ride yamys.
    Dan C
    I have 3 german shepards.

1Pet. 3:15

I have been there 4 times - 2 times last year 2 times this year - this is an awsome place to roost!!!!!!!!! We live 1 1/2 hours from the orv area. Iwish we could go more often but my dad has to get off work(We try not to weekends so that we dont have to mess with vouchers or trucks and the crazy dene buggies) :blah
    Nate, 1987 250R
    Need an '86-'87 stock swing arm. Reckless@drenthe.net

Thumbs up

I've been there twice this summer. Once before the forth and then once again two weekends ago.
    I plan on going up there again in the near future. I usually post before I head up there. Maby I'll see a couple of you around.
    -2004 Polaris ATP330
    -2001 Honda 400EX
    -1988 Kawasaki Tecate-4
    -1987 Suzuki LT250R **<--For Sale**
    -1986 Honda Trx 125
    -1984 Honda Trx 200
    -1984 Suzuki LT50 **<-- For Sale**

I'm going sometime next week with my girlfriend. anyone want to go? I'm thinking Monday tuesday. So I can have the dunes to myself. Let me know. Scott.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast