Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: rincon tye rods

rincon tye rods

i'm having a problem with my tye rods being loose.i had the recall done.and the new ones are even looser than the orignal ones.i don't have any hours on this rincon 650 for a 05.honda told me it was normal.is any-one having a ny problems with the replacement oem tye rod ends

you can make your own for cheap... clotheshangers+jb weld=brandy new... I do it all the time
    Arm stretching, heart pounding, sweat inducing....2-STROKE-POWER!!!!

tye rod ends

wow that's all.can u post some pics and instructions.i would gladdly appreciate it

I'll take some tommorow.
    Arm stretching, heart pounding, sweat inducing....2-STROKE-POWER!!!!

Instead of replacing the ends have you taken them off and added a little lock tight?
    I own a 06 680 and after a few months of riding I had a tye rod get a little loose on me and at first it looked like the one end was bad? I turned out the cotter pin just didn't line up as good as it should and it came a little loose. After adding a little lock tight I have been fine ever since.

~Coop
    www.MarylandATV.com

Honda 680 Rincon
    TRX 250-R
    Prairie 700
    and Bunch of other Toys with Motors!

tye rod ends

where r u installing the loc-tite.to the threads,because the joint assemblies r loose inside

On mine I first thought the joint was loose inside and it turned out to be the cotter pin just didn't line up correctly so I added
    loc-tite to the threads and its fine. So you might wanna double check?

If my Joints where loose I would just take then to the Dealer and make sure they replaced them with the new ends and/or if you didn't wanna mess with the Dealer? 06 Rincon tie rod ends run about 10 bucks each.

~Coop
    www.MarylandATV.com

Honda 680 Rincon
    TRX 250-R
    Prairie 700

ends

well i had the recall done on the tie rod ends.they are looser now then they were before i took it in for the recall.i can actually turn the handle bars back and forth and hear a clunking noise.i am going to double check the nuts with the cotter pins.i will let u know.

tye rod loose

ok finally just got some time and checked my tye rod ends again.tightened up all the tye rond end nuts.still no good.u can actually turn the handle bars and hear the rods banging.so i shook the tires back and forth.there is a lot of play in the joint assembly still.and yes they are the new recall tye rod ends.i have about 3 hours on them since the recall was performed from honda.they told me that this is normal on any atv.they didn't have a 05 rincon on the floor to conpair too.i checked my mx 450r,stock 400ex,dad's foreman.there all tight.can some-one please shack there tire back and forth and let me no.i would really appreciate it.

No its not normal. One more thing for you to do a quick check on, If you haven't? The bottom of the steering stem on most all Rincons seems to come loose from time to time and can cause the same symptoms. It wasn't but one or two rides after I re-tightened my ends and added loc-tite that it turned out I had the same problem with the cotter pin and the bottom steering stem bolt.

Any time you have a problem its best if you contact Honda directly (866) 784-1870 have them open a file on the problem. They will assign you a rep that will contact the dealer in your area for you. For me when ever corporate called the Machine got fixed a little faster and correctly.

~Coop
    www.MarylandATV.com

Honda 680 Rincon
    TRX 250-R
    Prairie 700

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast