Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Only a duner would know

Angry Only a duner would know

I am at a serios delema.
    Sell the R and and buy a Z or keep it.
    I am stumped.

The R has broke down AGAIN and I am getting sick of working on it all the time. I don't care much for power as much as I like to jump so I was thinking the Z. And I know that you can get a ton of HP out of them with no troble and still keep it reliable. What do you all think??
    I need to ride $@%! bad o-meter
    l1l2l3l4l5l6l7l8l9l10
    -----------------^----

01' 445EX
    86' 250R(for sale)
    Salem Honda/BMW/Ducati
    Countryside Fabrication

ELMO KNOWS WHERE YOU LIVE

I'm a big duner and like most duners will tell you, 2 strokes are the king of the dunes. More and more four strokes are competing for the title though, and four stroke is the only future of atv's to come. So try a four stroke, but build it. I too did what your talking about, I had a 250r and i got tired of always replacing the top end and little parts. I fixed it for the last time and sold it. I went to a 400ex turned it in to a well built 440 and competes with just about everything (except for those crazy built duner banshee's that the motor has to be rebuilt 2 times a year) in the dunes and i don't have to fix anything after a long trip!
    2001 Duncan Racing National 440ex
    Power Cylinder 4000 12:1 JE
    web cam 463/9i, port & polish, 3 angle valve job, hardend rockers, titanium valve springs.
    Duncan Racing Fat Boy 4 Exhaust
    1mm oversized blackdiamond intake and exhaust valves
    15 point gusseted frame powder coated candy apple red
    Doug Eichner Signature Series Edelbrock Carb
    Procom CDI ignition
    Hinson Basket, Removable Side Case
    Sparks 8 plate clutch
    Custom graphics and seat cover
    Custom air intake with K&n Filter
    everything is polished and billet
    Roll Design chrome swing arm
    Elka dual rate ssd with LT linkage
    TCS ZPS, douglas ultimate billet beadlock wheels with Maxxis Razr's
    Roll +1.5" chrome anti vibe stem with Tag T-2 oversized bars cr hi bend
    Herrmann arms Trail Tech HID Lights w/ custom billet mount (for the dunes)
    Overized UM vented oil tank FST oil cooler kit and even more

had the some thing 250r .sold it bought my wife a 400ex myself a raptor .best move we made .no more mixing gas and everything else thats goes with with a 2 stroke i'm with big D racing the 4 strokes is the way to go ..

id buy the z put a 450 kit on it cam pipe filter and ur talking 45 horses allready no problem. Definitly the way to go in my book.
    killer

get the Z, or wiat a year, see how the preditor does in its first year, then make your decision. Then afer your Preditor is broken in and a couple of years old, Honda might have a new quad on the drawing board to compete with the stock Z

J/K Get the Z
    Heres to all the men in women in uniform!

Im in a delima too.Do i go with 2stroke(banshee)because i love to drag, or do I stick with the 4 strokes..Ive heard this story many times on the 250r,Im leaning toward the cdale(glamis) or the predator.since your more into jumping, you should go with the Z .I think you would be happy with it.If you get something let us all know what you got!

keep the sand paddles off the R and sell it, then buy a Z400 and get elka's all around for it with a fullsystem CT exhaust with Tag metals and Skat traks all around with a + 1 swing arm... with white plactic! and a 450 kit it'd tear up the dunes,
    2005 450r - Trail tech X-bars handlebars and clamp, Rossier full system exhaust, UNI air filter, HRC jet kit, IMS custom classic bumper, Pro Armor chassis skid plate, AVS clutch lever..

2000 400ex - SOLD

Oh yeah.. Porkchop is right...that would be sssoooo sweet!:

I'm starting to lean twards the cannondale now. It is fast enough in stock form that I wouldn't have to spend any money on motor mods. Only have to put good suspenders under it. I don't know cause once I fix my R it will be awesome......but for how long??
    I need to ride $@%! bad o-meter
    l1l2l3l4l5l6l7l8l9l10
    -----------------^----

01' 445EX
    86' 250R(for sale)
    Salem Honda/BMW/Ducati
    Countryside Fabrication

ELMO KNOWS WHERE YOU LIVE

Bean is offline I am the "infamous" 440..
    im sayin keep the R, i had a 440 once, it ran wit shee's and raptors, but it wasnt half as fun as the R, who cares about fixin em, if possible, bring an extra clyinder and piston and stuff, fixer right on the spot, remeber, when a 4stroke goes, its got alot more money needed to fixer up
    AIM IM: HybridMonster21@aol.com
    Email: HybridMonster2@aol.com

District 18, # 5

http://www.merrellextreme.com
    http://www.rathracing.com
    http://www.wildhare.cjb.net
    http://www.Rriders.com

1986/88/89/03 250R

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast