Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Front Suspension = WAY TOO STIFF!!!

Thumbs down Front Suspension = WAY TOO STIFF!!!

Hi guys,

I really need help with this stiff front suspension!! I did my best to soften it all the way from unscrewing shocks (upward) conterclockwise both of compression and rebound!!! I also reduced air presuure from both front tires!!!

They still feel like a rock

any ideas? ..... Shall i just swap them? If yes, what brand is best out there?

thank you
    LTR-450

Cherry Bomb
    Baffle Removed
    EHS Racing Custom Air Box Cover
    Trail Tech (Endurance)

Ride it a while and it should free up a little bit

Hi blholtz,

I'm hoping to God that I got the right advice from you, coz it sound reasonable, I mean i just rode my quad for almost 8 hours only....!

Did my furst service! Willing to hit the Dunes as soon as possible with full throttle.........

It better out perform the YFZ450 (with all respect to Yamaha)

im challanging a friend of mine, actually couple who has 2006 YFZ 450 "Next Weekend"

Guys wish me luck i'll keep you updated
    LTR-450

Cherry Bomb
    Baffle Removed
    EHS Racing Custom Air Box Cover
    Trail Tech (Endurance)

The shocks will soften up some after break in but they are still really stiff they are set up for motocross racing. You can send them to a suspension shop such as C&D, derisi racing, gt thunder and they will set them up for your weight and riding style

The shocks will loosen up a little after riding, but not much. Some adjustment is necessary.

This is how I adjusted mine. It made a difference, but in the future I will have the shocks worked on. I weigh 165lbs. Back the pre-load collars off completely on the fronts. Turn the compression screw (top of shock) all the way in. Then turn it out 2.5 turns. Turn the rebound screw ( bottom of shock) in all the way. Turn it back out 1.5 turns. Record the settings to help you with future adjustments. This is just a starting point, what works for me may not exactly be best for you. Take your quad out and see how you like the shock settings. Not sure what type of riding you do. Hit some bumpy trail, corners, a variety of conditions. Make adjustments to your liking. You will need to also adjust the rear, as it affects the ride too. I backed the preload off on the rear not quite all the way. Leaving about 1/4" of thread showing at the top.

An alternate method is to set the compression and pre-load to the mid-point settings, and adjust from there.

Good luck, have fun and ride safe.

for some reason i thought they were 2 soft i had to tighen them all the way and im only 150 pounds buti race mx but i think u just need a revalve
    sponsers:
    YAMAHA CANADA .CO
    full throttle racing
    w.l linkie transportation
    MC EXTREME
    MOM and DAD

YFZ 450
    HOUSER LT A ARMS
    HIPERS WHEELS
    LOANSTAR AXEL
    HOUSER STEM
    GYTR PIPE
    HI COMP PISTON CAM MOD
    FUEL INTAKE SYSTEM
    CARB MOD
    ELKAS

shocks

i think they are way to soft for my liking. and if your ltr is still stock you better get some goggles to see after being roosted by a yfz. my yfz walks all over my ltr with ease.
    2006 LTR450(MX) HMF pipe,UNI filter,Cherry BOMB
    2006 LTZ400(xc) Ohilins front shock, yosh pipe UNI FILTER, Razr 2s, and hipers all around
    2010 Sponsors: Division 26 clothing,SCOTT goggles,ONEAL gear,FOUR gear, Osirus Shoes

how many times are you willing to deal with amish laz (gtthunder) before he rips you off! he's a deutche bag. i spent over $10G at his shop and now he can't help little old me, since he "sponsors" a few 'pros'. his son is alright though, brandon. i'd like to do his daughter-angie, but she's married to a old high school friend. oh yeah i'm serious- he is amish! his wife wears i little bonnet. hahahaha

Originally posted by cbr
    how many times are you willing to deal with amish laz (gtthunder) before he rips you off! he's a deutche bag. i spent over $10G at his shop and now he can't help little old me, since he "sponsors" a few 'pros'. his son is alright though, brandon. i'd like to do his daughter-angie, but she's married to a old high school friend. oh yeah i'm serious- he is amish! his wife wears i little bonnet. hahahaha
    How old are you? 10?
    2006 LT-R450
    - Cherry Bomb
    - Pro Tapers
    - Pro Armor Nerfs/Skids/Bumper
    - Kenda Klaws

how old are you? 10?

no actually i'm 28, and i can type what i think. freedom of speech-beeatch! do you really want to start your childish games w/. me boy?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast