Thread: Might build a hybrid. Got some questions.

Might build a hybrid. Got some questions.

I think i am going to make my 400ex into a YZ426 hybrid but i got a couple questions about the chassis. I definetly dont have the cash to buy an aftermarket frame like walsh, lsr, or lagear, so i would probably convert the frame. Does anybody know a company that converts frames for the dirtbike motors? i would prefer the company to be on the east coast. Also is there a special reason why most hybrid quads have no link suspension, or is it just for better suspension.

Thanks

Getting someone to convert your frame wont be cheap either. I'd just go aftermarket if your gonna pay someone to convert it.
    Alot of hybrids have no-links because they are built on an aftermarket chassis. Most racers prefer a no-link or cr500 link.
    2009 CRF250R

R.I.P. Kelly "Steelrod" Chang, Todd Vescovi, Matt Barosek, & Jeremy Lusk, You'll Never be Forgotten!

pm ss440ex I believe he still may have a kit lying around.For the yz 426...
    LSR/CRF450
    JB ex w/yz450dirtbike motor
    Thats right "hybrids the only way to go....They go BRAAAAAAAPPP..

Any one that can weld can mod your frame. A normal person that dont ride and welds for did my frame and charged only $270. That included the kick start extention and he was going to mod my mufler to fit the frame for me too.
    It only takes 3 mounts and front motor mounts and the motor is mounted.