Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: guys with stock rebuilds

guys with stock rebuilds

how do these set up's work? im looking at getting jb standard travel a-arms, having C&D revavle the stock front shocks too ZPS and triple rate, and the rear shock by diresi(sp) to get it revavled and rebuild with new linkage that it comes with, how would this set up be? or should i just run stock shocks this season and get LT next winter? bassiclly, is it worth it? thanks
    NEATV-MX #51.
    06 Walsh/LSR/Axis 450R - Gone
    07 Walsh/JB/PEP 450R - Gone
    07 Gibson/JB/PEP 450R - Gone

I ran standard travel JB arms for a while, with stockers triple rated zps, and a dual rate rear setup with a linkage. RAN PERFECTLY! Here's a pic.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    04' TRX450: SOLD August 2006 QOTM
    04' GSXR600: Two Bros.
    08' TRX450ER: SOLD - JB/AXIS Race Bike - September 2009 QOTM

Thanks to Norris @ Quinn Motorsports, Lincoln Cycle & ATV and Wiigstyle Racing.

I love my derisi's rebuilds

Best mod I did to my 04R.

Just my opinion here, pick one company to do both dont mix and match. I really beleive you need the rear link changed, the only rebuild company I konw of that does not change the link is c&d's. I would look into one of the many other's if I was you. Again this is just my opinion.

JH racing, derisi, gt thunder are the 3 that use a new rear link that I can think of.
    1985 atc 200x [with 1986 motor] sold

1985 atc 200x smokes some but otherwise stock [sold]

2001 416ex Ross 10:8:1 hotcam stage 2 ported and polished. UM aluminm airbox. 158mj 42pj [think I need to go up on pj] It has black plastic has duel rate with compression & rebound adjust elka rear shock lone star +4 axle 20 inch razr's on douglas beadlock's. Up front I have lone star +2 chrome race arms with elka's triple rate compressino adjustable also has pro design air filter and WB E-Series slipon [with no rings on it] and Pro-armor nerf's. All Engine work done by 2-Strokes a local shop.

2004 450R has full HRC kit installed all airbox and jetting as well as cam Sparks full system, UNI filter, Pro-Armor Nerfs, 21 inch Razr2's on douglas beadlocks up front and 18 inch razr mx's on douglas beadlocks in the rear as well Geforce +3 axle. Lonestar racing +2.5 +1 a-arms. Derisi racing ZPS & link package [Best mod I did on my 450r so far] Flexxbars.

i had all three of mine done by GTThunder but if I could go back I would have www.j-hracing.com do them. He is a lot cheaper and he also uses a GTThunder rear link on his rebuilds.

GT THUNDER ALL THE WAY
    #01-Tyler Dommel

-sponsors-

BURGARD CYCLE RACE TEAM

SPASTIC DESIGNS

FOX SHOCKS

RATH RACING

HIPER WHEELS

A.T.P RACING ENGINES

TRP

Originally posted by elementryder
    GT THUNDER ALL THE WAY
    thats coming from a sponsored rider i have had Gtthunder do my shocks and they are great but very expensive compared to j-hracing

GTT is worth it. I heard Derisi is good as well. I had C&D and was not impressed at all.

you need to give Santo a call he does a good job. And the last time i talked to him he was working on a new linkage i think??? But give him a call and he will talk to you about the set-up you want he is a very easy guy to talk to and he is very nice!!!
    2006 450er Xc beast
    2004 400ex xc (forsale pm me for info)
    www.myspace.com/xcracer48
    *Cameron Rogers*
    www.csrracing.net
    CSR RACING
    2007 sponsors
    My Parents, Shamrock Honda,Rated X motorsports, Fasst co., MSR apparell, Sunoco race fuels, Bearden Oil Co., Cardio Stack, Scott goggles, ASV inventions, Kenda tires!!
    others still pending!

Originally posted by pilfered
    i had all three of mine done by GTThunder but if I could go back I would have www.j-hracing.com do them. He is a lot cheaper and he also uses a GTThunder rear link on his rebuilds.
    So you think that $575 price on j-h website is for revalveing and respringing all three including the rear link? I'm gonna be doing all mine real soon and hadn't heard of j-h racing.

Originally posted by rockabilly13
    So you think that $575 price on j-h website is for revalveing and respringing all three including the rear link? I'm gonna be doing all mine real soon and hadn't heard of j-h racing.
    I'm wondering the same thing.....does the $575 include revalving and respringing?From the way it reads on the website revalving will be an additional charge.I'm also getting ready to have my shocks redone.
    04 450r:Tag ,powermadd ,Pro armor ,HMF ,DG ,Rad ,Lonestar ,Hiper,Maxxis,Quadfast
    86 250r
    93 300 fourtrax

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast