Thread: jetting a YFZ????

jetting a YFZ????

ok so i have an 07 yfz 450 and i just bought a curtis sparcks pipe, (complete) i want to know what would be a good mainjet size to start with because i want to go ridding and i dont havea filter or anything i just want to here the pipe .... i just want somewhere to start the jetting so i can go riding without busting the motor ... what are you guys running in your bikes and your mods???

thanks guys sled_ed 300ex
    E.C. performance :
    grey/red yfz450 protaper,powermadd,sparks,k&n,ims\roll,itp...bomb squad ..!!

black/yellow 416ex web,sparks,wisco,ac,protaper,k&n

IF YOUR AT 2000 FT OR LOWER TAKE THE LID OFF YOUR AIR FILTER BOX AND USE A 172 MAIN YOU CAN GET ONE FROM YOUR DEALER FOR ABOUT 4 DOLLARS THAT WILL BE CLOSE IT MAY BE A LITTLE RICH TILL YOU GET A HIGH FLOW AIR FILTER BUT CLOSE YOU DONT HAVE TO TAKE THE CARB OFF JUST LOSEN THE CLAMPS AND TURN IT THERE IS A QUICK ACS. BOLT ON THE BOTTUM FOR THE MAIN JET
    05 yfz450 full lrd pipe white bro's rev box cam mod boyseen quick shot power now valve k&n ncvQ needle DG bumbers lots of billet stuff

2005 yfz
    K&n filter no air box lid
    curtis sparks pipe(bad *** pipe)
    cam mod
    gytr cdi
    175 main jet 45 pilot
    switched from alba pipe 165 main jet to the curtis sparks 175 main , A Huge improvement

im at about 500 of elevation..so ill use one size down ..i htink??? is it more oxegen or less oxegen if your at a lower elevation or the other way around..??

thanks guys
    E.C. performance :

the lower the elevation you are at the larger the mainjet you will use.
    2005 450r

*sold* 2001 400ex

"If you think you can, you can. If you think you can't, your right."

"A leader will take you where you want to go. A great leader will not necessarily take you where you want to go but where you ought to be."

"If you want to do something, you will find a way; if you don't, you'll find and excuse!"

"Its not aptitude but attitude that determines your altitude."

ok awesome,thanks a lot guy....ok and onemore thing is the mai jet located on the bottom of the carb like 400ex or somehting like...or is it somewhere else...i could probly figuer it out but i dont have a hole lot a time to put on it .

thanks
    E.C. performance :

the main jet is in the same position.
    2005 450r

*sold* 2001 400ex

"If you think you can, you can. If you think you can't, your right."

"A leader will take you where you want to go. A great leader will not necessarily take you where you want to go but where you ought to be."

"If you want to do something, you will find a way; if you don't, you'll find and excuse!"

"Its not aptitude but attitude that determines your altitude."